Latest CX-90 teaser (12/13/2022)

There is no reason to release information on the i6 until the reveal of the CX-90. The PHEV is already in service with the CX-60. That is the only reason we know so much about it.

To be fair all info on the i6 is probably available from the Australian CX-60, but everyone is holding on to the belief that the american i6 will be more powerful than the australian one.
I wasn't really talking about the information but more so the production/press test drive. As an example, they announced the I6 diesel in march this year and as of right now, we have yet to see an actual press model with this power train.

There might be a press embargo that's preventing reviewers/journalists from posting whatever videos or articles they currently have.

No. Did you got an email from Mazda ?

To be honest, based on what am I seeing from the CX60 forum I will definitely stay away from the PHEV, as there are way too many kinks to sort it out plus the real life battery range in cold climate is something like 25-30km which makes it pointless.

On the other hand I don't really understand why it takes them so long to release the I6, whether is the diesel or gas.

No, came to my phone from the MyMazda app.

I think the CX-90 will be unveiled tomorrow. This is from their instagram page. It is a countdown timer and is currently at 1 day and 7 minutes.
Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 3.28.19 PM.png

I had high hopes before the spy pictures but now I'm keeping my hopes low so I don't get a big let down. However, I am still excited to see it the official product.

This will be just another tease. Official announcement is on the 31st.

IMPORTANT MAZDA CX-90 RELEASE DATES​

• January 17, 2023 – National CX-90 tease #3
  • January 31, 2023 – National CX-90 Reveal & Launch Event
  • February 2023 – CX-90 production begins in Japan
  • Late March 2023 – Customer pre-orders accepted
  • April 2023 – First CX-90 units arrive to dealership in Burnsville, MN

So what is tomorrow?

Dealer web page… not a necessarily a reliable source.

I really like the ad style and the way they've chosen to roll out the teasers. Pretty cool to see them bring on some talent as well! It's tough to not be at least a little excited, haha. Bring it on Mazda!

I really like the ad style and the way they've chosen to roll out the teasers. Pretty cool to see them bring on some talent as well! It's tough to not be at least a little excited, haha. Bring it on Mazda!

I know. Their line "to create our most powerful, exquisitely designed vehicle ever." makes me hopeful that their PHEV won't be the same as in the CX-60.

CX-60: G2.5L(I4) + Motor = 325hp
CX-90: G3.0-3.3L(I6) + Motor = 380-400hp (my guess based on what I read online)

Annotation 2023-01-13 072316.png

I tried to make the screenshot a big bigger to see if we can get a better look at the components. Click on the picture to enlarge it.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, love the updates and analysis being posted here...Keep it up! 😁(y)

Sorry, did we know it's an 8 seater? I don't recall seeing that before, but I've not paid too much attn until this month (and now getting impatient). I guess that's how they all do it now, but I don't want this thing bigger than it needs to be. I wouldn't have minded a slightly more compact setup for 7, but I suppose Mazda is trying to cover more of the market.

Back