Laser blue's massive "back to stock" sale!!! (part 2) Three Sets of Wheels Plus Spare

Laser Blue

:
'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege / Laser Blue Mica
Laser blue's massive "back to stock" sale!!! (part 2) Three Sets of Wheels Plus Spare

EVERYTHING IN THIS THREAD HAS SOLD... MODS< PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER FOR SALE THREADS... LOTS O' GOOD STUFF:
PART #3: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123779608

One lone Miata MX-5 rim; no tire. SOLD & SHIPPED

Last edited:
Near mint condition set of Enkei EKM3 wheels with "Hypersilver" finish.
These look nearly good as new. NO CURBAGE!
Spec is: 17" X 7" X 45mm offset with a 5 x 114.3 bolt circle. The offset is like running the stock RH's with 10mm spacers.
SOLD...SOLD...SOLD

Last edited:
If I didnt just spend 700$ on my harts I would be tempted on those enkei's. Great prices however and free bump!

Thanks... I know the prices here are sharp, and in the real world its hard to find used wheels this clean. Just trying to show some love to my forum bro's before I go the CL or Ebay route.
Can't afford to wait too long though.

Last edited:
Hopefully the 3rd will be the last... I will be adding more wheels to this thread today!

damn those Racing Harts are sooo nice.. i need to find 425 bucks.. like pronto. need struts first tho. =(

When I look at the info on wheels it says that a 17 x 7 should have a 45mm offset. What would be required to run the 55mm offset for a car that is lowered? I'm really liking the Miata wheels. Would you have to roll the fenders if you didn't have the spacers?

When I look at the info on wheels it says that a 17 x 7 should have a 45mm offset. What would be required to run the 55mm offset for a car that is lowered? I'm really liking the Miata wheels. Would you have to roll the fenders if you didn't have the spacers?

I believe you have the "offset" program backwards, or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the question...

As the offset number gets larger the wheels stick out toward the fender LESS. As the offset number gets smaller (as in 45 is smaller than 55) the wheels stick out MORE.

If I want my 55mm offset wheels to look as flush to the fender wells as my 45mm offset wheels do, then I need to use 10mm spacers.

To run the Miata wheels on a Protege with 5-lug wheels and disk brakes, you would need to use at least a small spacer (3mm to 5mm) to clear the hubs/rotors. Anything more than a 3mm spacer would be for looks only. If you use spacers less than 10mm it is extremely unlikely that you would have any fender rubbing, so there would be no reason to roll the fenders.

Last edited:
I believe you have the "offset" program backwards, or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the question...

As the offset number gets larger the wheels stick out toward the fender LESS. As the offset number gets smaller (as in 45 is smaller than 55) the wheels stick out MORE.

If I want my 55mm offset wheels to look as flush to the fender wells as my 45mm offset wheels do, then I need to use 10mm spacers.

To run the Miata wheels on a Protege with 5-lug wheels and disk brakes, you would need to use at least a small spacer (3mm to 5mm) to clear the hubs/rotors. Anything more than a 3mm spacer would be for looks only. If you use spacers less than 10mm it is extremely unlikely that you would have any fender rubbing, so there would be no reason to roll the fenders.

You answered the question. I am used to working with negative offset and was having a hard time getting my mind around the positive. The explanation was great.

On the Harts...would they work great on a reg Protege? I have a 2001 ES. I have a bad wheel (I curbed it. :[) and have ALWAYS wanted some of these...

On the Harts...would they work great on a reg Protege? I have a 2001 ES. I have a bad wheel (I curbed it. :[) and have ALWAYS wanted some of these...

Yes... these should be fine on the ES, as long as it has the 5 x 114.3 bolt circle. In other words, if you have five lug nuts on your current wheel the RH's will work

Trying to convince the wife on the needs of the Miata wheels. Need to get new tires soon so now would be a perfect time.

Back