Lane Keep Assist Not Detecting Lines Consistently

:
2024 CX90 PHEV Premium Plus
Hey, All. Question…. How good is your Lane Keep Assist at detecting lines on the road? Mine (2021 CX-9 GT) is mediocre at best. My 2018 6 was much better. See the below pic. Notice in the HUD there are no lines indicating the system is not “seeing” the lines on the road. Would your car do better?

5F8115CD-74DB-44D9-B08C-3FA50CFF2FAA.jpeg

Hey, All. Question…. How good is your Lane Keep Assist at detecting lines on the road? Mine (2021 CX-9 GT) is mediocre at best. My 2018 6 was much better. See the below pic. Notice in the HUD there are no lines indicating the system is not “seeing” the lines on the road. Would your car do better?

View attachment 312622
Looks like you need to turn up the brightness level in the controls menu.

I think mine would recognize the lines.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m trying to decide if I should say something to the dealer at my next service. If the system in the CX-9 is mediocre in general, I won’t waste my time since it’s not a critical system (to me). They’ll probably say “operating within normal parameters”. Blah …..

The 2019 CX-9 GT that I have is the first I have owned with this feature. I would say that it is hit or miss depending on how faded the road lines are, ambient lighting, and the angle of the sun hitting the cameras. It is something I would never rely on that's for sure.

On a sunny day like that, the system should have no problem recognizing the lines. But as @11E20 mentioned, there are some variables that could cause it to be inconsistent. Maybe the camera is dirty, or the sun is "blinding" the camera. Being a brand new car, I'd keep an eye on it, and I'd raise the issue with the dealership if I felt that it wasn't working properly.

Mine (2021 GT) is terrible at recognizing the lines as well. It definitely feels like the least advanced system I’ve ever experienced. I don’t need the car to drive itself either, but I was disappointed in some of the tech associated with anything “lane”. The adaptive cruise works okay though.

It does like like you LKA I'd off in the photo. I would def clean the cameras and the lens on the back of the rearview mirror.

The lane keep assist IS terrible and inconsistent. Was like that on my 2018, is like that on my 2021 CX-9, like that on my 2021 CX-5 and like that on the 2021 Mazda 3 2.5T.

+1 for the LKA not detecting the lanes on as consistent a basis as other cars I’ve driven. 2021 CX-9 GT.

Back