Kingston USB Flash Drives

I just ordered a 16 GB and a 32 GB drive from kingston.

I will let everyone know how it works when i'm done.

I should have checked to see what was working before ordering, now i'm worried, but the deal was to good to pass on.

Shouldn't be an issue. I'm using a 32GB Cruz Fit. It works fine within the limits of Mazda's system. Due to the number of songs on it (about 5000) it takes a minute or two to load each time you turn on the car.

do you have to take the USB drive off after driving and wait before plugging in after starting the car?
The manual says to do this but this would be really annoying if I had to do this each time I drive.

do you have to take the USB drive off after driving and wait before plugging in after starting the car?

No. Mine stays put all the time unless I'm changing the songs. I wouldn't pull it out while the car is on and set to USB.

Kingston USB Flash Drives both 16 GB and 32 GB works well.
Random playing works with subdirectories, and works well leaving flash plugged in.
Not sure what version of software my Mazda has or where to find it.

Is there a reason not to organize music on a USB drive in subdirectories (artist > album)? This is my first time using a flash drive in a car.

I have a lot of cd's with duplicate names and different recording of the same songs.
It just helps me find a song, by finding a particular cd.

I have noticed that if I'm in the root directory and have it on random, it doesn't go to the sub directories. since it automatically sorts by artist, The songs are still easy to find...
I'm putting most of my songs in the root directory, and using the subdirectories like a playlist...ergo classical, scottish, christmas, ETC.
I had been using a 16 gig cruzer but I had a 32gb micro sd card lying around. Found these online somewhere (think it was amazon) and it was about $5+shipping for 5 of them. Tried it out today, with all my christmas music, and it worked with no issues!
20131224_174908.jpg

Is there a reason not to organize music on a USB drive in subdirectories (artist > album)? This is my first time using a flash drive in a car.

Yeah, it seems to stay within that subdirectory when you re-start the car, which is a problem if you like to stay in "shuffle all" mode. I'd use playlists instead of folders, it seems to have no problem remembering what playlist you're using.

Is a 32GB sandisk microsd card with usb adapter compatible with the Mazda 3? Do the "Ultra" cards work? or need a normal speed card?

Back