Keyless entry not working

Hi

I had my front passenger door replaced yesterday due to having a big dent in it. Since the new door has been fitted we have lost the keyless entry feature and the light has come on the dashboard. Is there anyway of resolving this without going to the Mazda dealer. Thanks

There is a sensor inside the door.
Did them put it back or replace it?

If they did...
try to disconnect (-) terminal of the battery for 30 seconds, and then reconnect.
See if that fixes it.
You will lose all the settings ... windows auto-on/off needs to be reset, etc. Be advised.
If that does not fix it, you will need to go to a dealer. Sorry.

Does the power window on the passenger door work? Are you able to electrically adjust the mirror on that side too? If no, then you have your answer. If yes, more troubleshooting is required.

Never changed the door on a Mazda, but on the last Ford I did, because of all of the security stuff, I swapped over 100% of the original harness, switches, everything, to the new door. Never had the slightest issue, either.

That's probably what the shop should have done. I'd call them, see if they still have the old door, and ask them to swap your original harness back into the new door.

If they have already disposed of it, then *they*, not you, need to make it right.

I am not sure if they replaced it or put it back, we will try and disconnect the battery at the weekend. We don’t have the original stereo in as my husband replaced it but we do have the original stereo still so he is going to put it back in to change the settings.

It was a second hand door we got to replace the original door and apparently it had most of the fixings still on it. So if the sensor from the second hand door was used would this be the problem?

Never changed the door on a Mazda, but on the last Ford I did, because of all of the security stuff, I swapped over 100% of the original harness, switches, everything, to the new door. Never had the slightest issue, either.

That's probably what the shop should have done. I'd call them, see if they still have the old door, and ask them to swap your original harness back into the new door.

If they have already disposed of it, then *they*, not you, need to make it right.
We have asked if they still have the original door but doubt it tbh

Back