Key Fob Battery

fxpthl

Anyone have any info on how long I should expect the battery to last in the key fobs for my 09 CX9? It seems that the one I use most often isn't working as well. It doesn't work as far away as it used to and I figure it just might be a low battery.

Replaced the battery in my 08 'SmartKey' about 6 mos ago. Simple and inexpensive fix. 3V CR2025 battery is available at WalMart, or any other local store.

The life expectancy is about 1.5 to 3 yrs depending on how often you use it.
My first one lasted about 2 years.
The battery is cheap, and CR2025 is a common one.
I keep a few of them in my house.

If your CX9 is 2009, it might be time to replace it.

Anyone have any info on how long I should expect the battery to last in the key fobs for my 09 CX9? It seems that the one I use most often isn't working as well. It doesn't work as far away as it used to and I figure it just might be a low battery.

You don't have your model listed, but just a warning - if you have the Sport with the switchblade key fob, be VERY careful when you try to separate the 2 sections....the release tab can break very easily.

Thanks to you all and especially 4wardmotion! My X9 is a 2009 and about 2 3/4 years since purchased. 51K miles on the clock. I will just go ahead and "carefully" replace the battery just to be sure.

Back