Just wanted to say HI & ask a question!

Hey everyone! Just joined. Happy to announce that I bought my first Mazda last Saturday! Its a 05 Mazda3. I had a couple questions though...I realized that my car fax says that its a "SP23/s". But when I researched it I realized that it said " Leather upholstery is standard on sp23". Mine does have leather, just the red and black cloth. Can anyone clear this up for me?
Thanks! (rockon)

Unless of course she paid extra for the SP23 trim package. I am pretty certain that all SP23 have leather, of course someone may have changed it to cloth because leather does suck. Other than that I am not sure what other upgraded stuff is on one maybe a stereo upgrade?

Car fax's can be wrong on actual trim levels. Your vin number can be deciphered to tell you what it really is. If it says SP23/S it probably means they have grouped your car into either it being a SP23 or an S..which yours is just the S (which is fine I have owned an 04 S HB touring, an 05 3i, and a 08 S Touring HB the last one being with leather...and honestly...as easy as the leather is to clean and making the car smell a lot better than cloth...it can have its annoyances...Oh...and the sliding around the seat when making crazy turns in autocrossing.....Argh!

As long as it has a 2.3 it's an S model. After all we don't even know if it is a hatch or sedan. It could be an I with a 2.0. No matter I am glad to see another 3 owner jump on the forum.

Hey everyone! Just joined. Happy to announce that I bought my first Mazda last Saturday! Its a 05 Mazda3. I had a couple questions though...I realized that my car fax says that its a "SP23/s". But when I researched it I realized that it said " Leather upholstery is standard on sp23". Mine does have leather, just the red and black cloth. Can anyone clear this up for me?
Thanks! (rockon)

Welcome to the forums. Post some pics!

The sp23 had leather standard and a charcoal gray mica paint job standard as well. Both making the vehicle standout compared to the regular 3's.

Here is my buddies sp23 before he traded it in:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...how-or-go)!!&p=4783737&viewfull=1#post4783737

Thanks everyone!!! Its really not a big deal if it isnt an SP. I was just curious because I had already got a great deal on the car so Im happy. :)

Its the sedan and it does have the 2.3L. It has the velocity red mica paint. It does have the black and red seats.

3x0sl.jpg

FAM--How can I decipher the VIN...on the car fax it says "MODEL SP23/s"

I pick up the car tomorrow from the dealership so Im guessing the title will clear this all up.

1087lex.jpg

The VIN number I believe is on the driver's side door pillar with the plaque that has information on the recommended PSI in the F/R wheels, the curb weight, and all of that, as well as underneath the driver's side windshield at the very front.

Last edited:
Vins are in eht lower part of the windshield but no need now...I can tell you its a sport.

Back