Just swapped engine, having issues need help!

papadock73

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege Yellow Mica
So I just swapped a fs-de out of a normal protege into my speed, when I drive it around the block it and come back to the garage to park it, it drops rpm's and dies. What could my issue be?

What should I clean the maf with? And we've checked for vacuum leaks and cant find anything. Its frustrating, I just want to drive my car. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Is the MAF relocated after the BOV? Are you running a stock BPV? Electric or brake cleaner can be used to clean the MAF

I had this same problem but a little different. I changed my spark plugs and cleaned the MAF. You can get MAF cleaner at any auto parts store. It surprised me how well that worked. Ran much smoother and idled better.

Is the MAF relocated after the BOV? Are you running a stock BPV? Electric or brake cleaner can be used to clean the MAF
Yes its relocated properly and no I have an ssqv3. I cleaned the maf and made sure I had the right plugs and made sure they're gapped right. Now once it gets up to operating temp it wants to die. What could it be? Im at a loss here

vacuum leak, dirty maf, failing IAC, dirty EGR, failing TPS. I would start with the EGR and IAC

Best way to clean them? Or do I have to replace them?

Have you checked for Vacuum Leaks yet? I would be looking for those first, before messing with the electronics.

USE MAF SENSOR CLEANER!!!!!!!!!

there's a difference. brake and electric cleaner very similar but not meant to be sprayed on sensorssss. Most all auto-parts stores carry it, just have to look. same style can

I have been using brake/electronic cleaner to clean my MAFs for 10+ years, still have the original MAF in both my MSPs and they work fine

Back