Just purchased 2019 CX-9, can I add memory seats?

I should have double checked, but I was surprised to see that my '19 Touring with Touring Premium Package still doesn't come with memory seat function. Is it possible to add this? I would think it should just be a control module, and new trim section that has the memory buttons, since it already has power seats. Or is it just way more involved than that...

It may be more involved and not have the wiring connections you need. It also may be very expensive. The oil filters I bought for $8.00 at the beginning of the year are now $12.50. My dealer told me Mazda went way up on their parts.

Don't have an answer to your particular situation, but if it helps: most manufacturers try to keep the manufacturing process simple and cost effective. Under the skin, most models are built the same, with the same wiring looms and electronics. The difference comes at the end of the line when they install the options particular to your model. Chances are, you CX-9 already has the necessary systems installed for your particular need. All you may have to do is find the right seat and stuff, and just plug it all in.
Example: my 2002 Nissan Pathfinder was a lower level model, with manual cloth seats, no fog lights, no overhead console and plain black trim. I went to a junkyard and found a top trim junked Pathfinder with heated leather electric seats, fog lights, wood trim accents, an overhead console and other stuff. The wiring was all there for that stuff in the vehicle. All I had to do was plug it all in, and add a few switches (also from the junker). Every thing worked. Hopefully Mazda does the same.

Don't have an answer to your particular situation, but if it helps: most manufacturers try to keep the manufacturing process simple and cost effective. Under the skin, most models are built the same, with the same wiring looms and electronics. The difference comes at the end of the line when they install the options particular to your model. Chances are, you CX-9 already has the necessary systems installed for your particular need. All you may have to do is find the right seat and stuff, and just plug it all in.
Example: my 2002 Nissan Pathfinder was a lower level model, with manual cloth seats, no fog lights, no overhead console and plain black trim. I went to a junkyard and found a top trim junked Pathfinder with heated leather electric seats, fog lights, wood trim accents, an overhead console and other stuff. The wiring was all there for that stuff in the vehicle. All I had to do was plug it all in, and add a few switches (also from the junker). Every thing worked. Hopefully Mazda does the same.
Yeah, that’s what I’m hoping. I agree, simplicity in design and manufacturing makes sense, so I would find it really strange that I might need to find an entire seat (since I already have power seats) in order to get the memory feature. Surly it just the buttons (and new trim panel with a space/cutout for the buttons), and a module that saves the settings and sends instructions to the seat to activate. I was hoping someone might have done it already, since it’s a common feature and well used for multi driver vehicles!

Yeah, that’s what I’m hoping. I agree, simplicity in design and manufacturing makes sense, so I would find it really strange that I might need to find an entire seat (since I already have power seats) in order to get the memory feature. Surly it just the buttons (and new trim panel with a space/cutout for the buttons), and a module that saves the settings and sends instructions to the seat to activate. I was hoping someone might have done it already, since it’s a common feature and well used for multi driver vehicles!
Just to follow up: after some more digging it seems that it is a different motor that is used with the memory seat options. Seems to be called a "step motor". I guess it makes sense - how would the motor know exactly where to move and position the various seat sections from a starting point of different positions...

You know, this is what I am looking for. I know that my last car, Subaru had a modular approach with the base model. I am hoping the same with my touring as well. I want to add the features I want versus getting the higher trim.

Back