Just picked up a 2016.5 CX-5 GS

So basically 4 safety recalls on my 2016 CX-5: fuel filler pipe、passenger side airbag、liftgate struts、and LED DRLs, aren’t applicable to the 2016.5 CX-5. Another major issue on the 2016 CX-5 with a TSB, rear brake dragging due to inferior rear disk brake calipers with EPB, also doesn’t affect the 2016.5 CX-5 as Mazda had since been using the revised calipers.

My CX-5 has a manufacturing date of 07/16. Not sure of the DRL manufacturing date.
Unless your CX-5 has GS Technology Package which includes Smart City Brake Support、LED headlights / DRLs、HomeLink、and other things, it isn’t applicable to LED DRL recall.

I believe 2016.5 is the best CX-5 ever overall on design and reliability. Good choice!

View attachment 318081

View attachment 318080

So basically 4 safety recalls on my 2016 CX-5: fuel filler pipe、passenger side airbag、liftgate struts、and LED DRLs, aren’t applicable to the 2016.5 CX-5. Another major issue on the 2016 CX-5 with a TSB, rear brake dragging due to inferior rear disk brake calipers with EPB, also doesn’t affect the 2016.5 CX-5 as Mazda had since been using the revised calipers.
I never had a airbag recall on my 16. I did have the others though. Also, never had any problems with the rear calipers.

I don’t believe your Canadian GS has heated side mirrors. And there’s nothing on the mirrors to indicate they’re heated ones. Mazda seems to hesitate offering this feature to lower trim level vehicles. Do you have heated cloth front seats?
Received the build sheet, for my 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 GS, from Mazda Canada, today. It indicates my CX-5 does have heated side mirrors. Have still not been able to confirm that.

Received the build sheet, for my 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 GS, from Mazda Canada, today. It indicates my CX-5 does have heated side mirrors. Have still not been able to confirm that.
All Mazdas CX5 here in Canada except the basic gx trim have heated mirrors. They are being activated with rear windshield defrost.

Back