Just ordered a new Mazda2

:
Mazda2 Sport 90ps 2015
Hi all,

I'm new here and just can't contain my excitement, so figured I would post here.

I've just placed the order for a brand new Mazda2 Sport 90ps in Deep Crystal Blue Mica. I take delivery on the 4th of January, so I have to wait a whole 2 weeks. I'm not the most patient of people when it comes to waiting for deliveries but at least I have Christmas and New Year to distract me.

This will be a massive upgrade for me from my 2002 Nissan Micra S and will be my first ever brand new car.

Can't wait!!!!!!!

Richard

You're very lucky in the UK as the 2016 Mazda2 model will not be sold in Canada. Mazda Canada, and from what I understand even in the US, was too busy selling the new CX-3 so they bypassed the new 2.

The only way we can get close to the new Mazda2 is to buy the 2016 Toyota Yaris Sedan, which is a Mazda-Toyota collaboration effort here in Canada.

Anyway, welcome!

So, how have you been enjoying your new 2? I sure hope you've been having too much fun to keep us updated? ;)

You're very lucky in the UK as the 2016 Mazda2 model will not be sold in Canada. Mazda Canada, and from what I understand even in the US, was too busy selling the new CX-3 so they bypassed the new 2.

The only way we can get close to the new Mazda2 is to buy the 2016 Toyota Yaris Sedan, which is a Mazda-Toyota collaboration effort here in Canada.

Anyway, welcome!

In the U.S., we currently have the Scion iA (Copy of Mazda2 sedan) and the upcoming Toyota Yaris (copy of Mazda2 hatchback).
However I don't think the aftermarket support will be as good as the older Mazda2 just because it has the "Toyota" brand name.

In the U.S., we currently have the Scion iA (Copy of Mazda2 sedan) and the upcoming Toyota Yaris (copy of Mazda2 hatchback).
However I don't think the aftermarket support will be as good as the older Mazda2 just because it has the "Toyota" brand name.
Is the yaris going to be a rebadged 2? I knew the scion was (with a Toyota/scion nose)

I've heard the scion has a 6 speed manual, wonder how compatible it might be with our existing 2's...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is the yaris going to be a rebadged 2? I knew the scion was (with a Toyota/scion nose)

I've heard the scion has a 6 speed manual, wonder how compatible it might be with our existing 2's...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I read online a while ago that the upcoming Yaris will be a re-badged Mazda 2 hatchback, but that was before Toyota announced that they will phase out Scion in 2017. Now I am not sure what will happen. Maybe the Scion iA sedan will be renamed to Toyota Yaris. I don't think the 6 speed transmission is swap-able into our Mazda 2's.

Back