just making an intro

Donas64 said:
vultureman5b.jpg

I smell newbie meat......ummm that came out all wrong. I'm happily married...STAY AWAY!!!
hahaha
Vultureman ftw!!!

thanks for the welcome, though since making my introduction i think my decision has swayed away from the cx-7. i wrote some mini review in another thread here

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123650844

in anycase, i still have a couple more weeks to decide and i now have another car added to the list--the ml350. they have special incentives for previous owners of ml and my dealership say they may absorb the remaing few months of payments on my clk and since i don't drive that car very much the deal is very tempting. i just hate paying more $$$ for less of a car though. granted it has a bigger motor, 7-speed tranny and a more luxury intended interior, that's about all the car has to offer. anyways, going for a test drive later.

btw, saw the srt-8 yesturday. hot car from the outside but soooooooo cheap on the inside. plastic everywhere. oh wells....

FYI... if anyone thinks the Acura RDX will get better mileage, think again... Edmunds.com tested one and while they pretty much said it's superior to the CX-7 (expected, hence its price tag), they also reported getting 11 mpg in the city and 18 hwy when they pushed it hard.

The point here is that you're pushing around a 2-ton AWD vehicle. Turbo or not, it's gonna eat gas. AWD Muranos owners report similar numbers for mpg. Just goes to show you there's no getting around the physics - if you want to propel a heavy car at a decent rate, you're gonna need a lot of gasoline. The only solution would be to make it slower by using a less powerful engine or put in a diesel engine, maybe even a hybrid. Everything has its pros and cons and there's no perfect car out there.

Latest posts

Back