Just bought a Vivid Yellow P5!

Suicide Bobb

:
2003 Protege5 Vivid Yellow
Hey guys, glad to be a part of the forum.

I just bought a 2003 P5 with 125k in Vivid Yellow for $4800. It isn't perfect, but I didn't expect it to be. A couple notable issues would be that the front quarter panels and hood need to be paint-matched since the people who painted them when they replaced it last time did a terrible job of age-matching the paint. Also, there's an odd whistling noise under throttle (http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123804838-Whistling-noise-from-BEHIND-me), a clunk in the rear right of the car (http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123804840-quot-Clunk-quot-in-P5) and a small oil leak at the PCV plug on the top of the valve cover. Oh, and the backs of the rear seats are torn. Otherwise, it's in pretty good shape.

The engine sounds healthy, and it's got plenty of power for what it is. The Toyo Proxes mixed with how light the car is makes for a huge amount of fun in the corners! I've yet to have this much fun driving a car.

I've had 4 cars before this...In chronological order: '97 Audi A4 1.8T, '96 Saab 900se Turbo, '97 Pontiac Bonneville V6 N/A, and my beloved '94 Audi S4. I totaled the A4 (my fault from drifting it, made me a better driver after realizing how stupid I was), the Saab fell apart, the Bonneville was a p.o.s. temp car to get me by until I got the S4, which sent me spiraling into debt when everything managed to go wrong on it (paid $4k for it, spent $4k in less than a year repairing it).

I sure loved the Saab and S4 though, despite the hell they put me through. But now I'm thinking more practical, which is why I bought this P5. I needed something cheap to work on and decently reliable, whilst good on gas and relatively new (model year 2000 or newer). I also needed something that I wouldn't be embarrassed driving. I was real lucky to find this car when I did!

A little info about me...I'm 19 years old, and I live near Vancouver, WA. My main hobbies are home and car audio, encompassing installation, buying/selling/trading, building, etc. I'm not your typical stereotype car audio douchebag, but that doesn't mean I haven't built systems that are centered around low frequency output :D I focus on old school equipment, usually rare equipment that nobody has heard of (I guess that makes me an audio hipster?). I am affiliated with Denim (a member here) through Caraudio.com. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about anything car/home audio related, hopefully I can help you!

Latest posts

Back