Just another yellow P5 build...

Here's an update everyone!

Haltech is still in the works, coolant neck with temp sensor port is welded, just needs to be cleaned and painted. Section of intercooler piping with flange for bov and IAT sensor bung is all done and welded, just needs to be re-polished. Had Brian Lawlor build me a valve cover with the mounts for toyota 1zz-fe ignition coils, all shaved and nice, powdercoated in silver vein.

20190106-021635.jpg

Had a bad front knuckle that had came loose and wobbled out around the lower balljoint, so i decided to stock up and completely refresh the suspension, changed some things to allow for better wheel fitment as well. Stock front lower control arms with Superpro Poly bushings, Brand new oem steering knuckles in the front, new wheel bearings, hubs, axles and replaced the arp studs with new ones that i had. Reached out to YellowspeedUSA for a new set of threaded strut inserts for my coilovers, but this time valved for stiffer spring rates... much stiffer spring rates, 24k springs front and rear!

20181227-170229.jpg

Other things are: I made a gloss black vinyl windshield visor/banner, because I removed my interior visors to put in a 5 panel mirror, Installed a purple underglow kit (haha, a joke at first, but it really grew on me!). Replaced my glowshift oil pressure gauge with an AEM unit. Got my hands on an oem nardi airbag for my nb miata nardi wheel. And am currently working on an h1 projector retrofit in a set of P5 headlights!

Car is dirty at the moment, so no photos of the outside yet, but heres a teaser shot of the fitment! Still my daily and only car!

Screenshot-20190106-024725-Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Dropping some big money on that suspension rebuild. Dang, makes me want to get back into mine, but the money is evading me lol. 24kg springs tho??? Are they even springs anymore or just a solid tube [emoji23] let us know how that rides, cuz that sounds crazy

That wheel gap tho, every time I see your thread I just get ants in my pants and wanna get out in the garage. Keep the updates coming man!

Dropping some big money on that suspension rebuild. Dang, makes me want to get back into mine, but the money is evading me lol. 24kg springs tho??? Are they even springs anymore or just a solid tube [emoji23] let us know how that rides, cuz that sounds crazy
Thanks guys. Honestly it rides pretty good, haha. I was nervous I wouldn't be able to handle it for daily use. But it's totally fine! And they do actually compress a little bit, like 1-2mm over bumps, which is surprising.

Last edited:
My guy I have been reading around and still cant figure out how you made your rack work. If you have some time I'd really love to see a How-To.

Little update, still procrastinating the haltech install, the car works, and I'm hesitant to change that, lol. Installed some ebay Mazda 3 side skirt extensions! They sit almost a half inch lower and alot wider than my previous wooden skirts, lol. I think they turned out great!
fd9a7dfaf1c4e9c8460911a42fbad4d4.jpg
2ff6b5f30ba2db3ab475b85a30b9b2b0.jpg
34e152b8bc880272e849269facd07189.jpg
c58b3e1dcf1d9f1a7f2532eee4caf76b.jpg

I find it amazing how you and I had the same car at one point.

You're in a completely different world than me now.

Thanks guys! I dont clean it that much, dont even wash it monthly. But when I do clean it I go hard! Still on daily duty, but I did pick up an e30 as a track-build/handling car.

Back