Just a few questions.

Looking at a 2010 and had a few questions. 1) Is the turbo covered in power train warranty. 2) is the turbo and 2.3 engine the same as 2007 thru 2009. 3) What does one if the turbo starts smoking as a fix. 4) wondering why Mazda extended the warranty on some but not all.

Appreciate any help.

bucket

1= yeah it would be covered in the warranty
2=yes and no, the engine is the same but in 2010 minor changes were made (cant think of them all but were some changes ) , the turbo in the 2007-2009 had issues with turbos having bad seals
3=is kinda hard there are few diff things i have heard to try but dont know what works best(someone can chime in maybe on this)
4= mazda extended the warranty on the turbos on certain models that had known problems ie:bad turbo seals and cover it up until 70k miles , along with the vvt on some models covered with extended until 70k miles (the vvt on the mazdaspeed3 that were effected were from 2007-2010 )

if someone wants to correct anything i may have stated wrong go for it , i know the info on the turbo and vvt extended warranty because i use to own an 2007 mazdaspeed3 and got the letter for the extended warranty (but traded it in for an 2012 mazdaspeed3 )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back