Jet chips

its 400$$ dollars... and i don't really think that an intake and a catback require 400$ of programming to increase performance... i wouldn't think it would be a significant improvement... if it was a turbo application i would think it could be worth it...

ok, heres all the info i got, that i failed to add in. They say it adds up to 30 horses, altho the guys i was talking to said more in the line of 15-20. it remaps you air/fuel curve, giving you more or less at different rpms depending on how you drive. when you send em your ecu, they pull, i believe, the PROM chip off, sodder a socket in its place, so you can remove it and all, and rewrite it. theres a guy that wants to sell me the one he bought for 350. paying $100 less then he did, and hes also giving me he 17" off his 3. Been told its a good deal, but wanna see what eveyone else thinks about this chip. again, thanks for the help

the 3 is the only one that has an "order now" next to it??? 15-20 horses... does this guy have a cai and exhuast allready? dynos of before and after the chip install or is there info from jet chips about before and after?
i would make sure it isn't dependant on 2.3 vs 2.0 either cuase you have the 2.0l...
as hard as mazda's ecu has been to crack these guys seem to be offering an option without a whole lot of notice... i would think it would be all over the forums when it came out???

The chip isnt installed, you have to pull out your ecu, then send it to jet, they reprogram it, and send it back. what he's selling basically is the package he bought to send the ecu in. this chip is for the 2.0. thinking about being a test subject for it too, and see how it works and what not. going to call up JET tomarrow, and see what all info they can give me on the chip and all, and if they have a dyno for it, or something along that line. if i find anything out, i post again, and let ya all know.

I read about jetchips a year ago and haven't heard anything since. I believe they are popular with the vw crowd. It seems risky since no one has cracked the ecu and you could possibly void your whole waranty. I don't think it will add much unless you have a cai and exhaust. The problem with the mazda 3 ecu is it learns around these chips and reverts back to stock. It might not hurt your car but it also might not give you any gains.

Just got off the phone with JET, so far they said, they havent had any problems. have sold this chip to several people already, and they are all happy with it. also said you get a 12-15 hp gain at the wheels, but sadly, no dynos :( so, if i get it, guess ill have to go get it on dyno to see how it does.

they are down the street from me and i checked em out a couple years back. i walked away when i asked him about the CAN-BUS being an issue and he had no idea what that meant.

...but there is a local 6 owner that did it and really likes it. we can't use any intakes on the 6 unless we want a CEL, Jet fixed that with the tune and he said he really feels the difference. offered up some dyno service and didn't get a reply from him...so i still don't know what to think about it.

i don't see how someone could sell their jetchip tune, as stated, you have to send your ecu to Jet and then they send it back the next day.

Back