Jealous of friends 89 N/A exhaust gains!

My good friend has a 89 NA 5 spd RX-7. He just got into cars and wanted me to look up things for his car. I found millions of sites ( like www.rx7club.com , www.rx7store.net , www.mazdatrix.com , etc... the list goes on and on) that have things for his car. Long story short I found a complete racing exhaust sytem for his car for 1200 dollars. It changes his exhaust to a true duel exhaust setup. He gets a 28% increase in horsepower at the wheels!! Only with exhaust! I wish I could get around a 35 horsepower gain at the wheels with a header and exhaust!!! DAMN!
Here's the site http://www.mazdatrix.com/r-ex86nt.htm

i think you were looking up or finding quotes for turbo exhaust's. its easy to get some good HP gains out of the TII's but as in any situation for a naturally aspirated car, your not going to get that much out of just an exhaust. keep looking. Racing beat offers a 3" turbo back exhaust that they claim gained them 59hp on top of the stock 180hp.

Read the title of the post and the top of the page (of the link I put). "Complete exhaust for 86-92 RX-7 Non-Turbo" NON-TURBO! Read the post completely, actually go to the thread I put in before you tell me I'm seeing things. :p

Yeah with the N/A you can get considerable gains as well. The Racing Beat system is a good place to start. The only downsides are the mild steel piping, hence the heaviness of the system.

We are listed on Racing Beat's site. Our shop actually specializes in the second gen's as opposed to the third gen's that most are. Frankly, I'm in love with the FC3S and have been for a very long time. I just love the way they look and represent a timeless yet contemporary piece of machinery.

My GTUs is an 89 and I've got a RB header, presilencer, and will be putting on a Stainless steel JIC dual exhaust system. When doing this mod on a stock ported motor you will put down around 150 whp. The cars are stock put out around 115whp at the most. So in actuality with the full exhaust system replaced, in turn removing all of the cats, you can net around 35whp. These are all dyno proven facts that are documented and that I've witnessed.

The thing to take into consideration is whether or not you'll want to get a downpipe or a header. I'd suggest the header for roadrace, constant high RPM, and downpipe for street/autox.

I'd be glad to help out your friend with advice or setups on his FC, such as tire/wheel setups, suspension options, and the rest is pretty basic.

Here's a pic of my GTUs:

Attachments

• gtus.jpg
    gtus.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 322
THe T2's when doing a turbo back 80mm system you will gain up to 60hp on a 89 and up model. Not only that but the turbo spools soooooo much quicker. The best damn mod you could ever do. That with the FCD and you're doing about 10psi and 260hp at the crank/eccentric shaft. hehe.

Nice GTU ARD MP5! My friend's is white and completely stock. Definitely going to get the complete duel exhaust setup. Great gains! He has about 150,000 miles on it and wants to get a rebuilt engine (with warranty) so he doesn't have to worry as much. We'll probably be getting it from http://www.lourdsmusic.com/bnrsupercars/raceeng.htm $2800 for a rebuilt street ported engine w/warranty!? Sound good! Thanks for the info!

Back