Jack Points?

Veilside1

:
2010 CX-9 Sport AWD
Trying to find out where the recommended jack points are for raising the front and rear of the vehicle. I assume the front point would be the crossmember. But cannot seem to find a centrally located spot in the rear with which i can raise the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle is AWD and the differential case is covering the rear crossmember.

Anyone with a Factory Service Manual able to assist? Thanks.

Just purchased a Cx9 w/21k miles and it is apparent that the tires have never been rotated.... rear tires have tons of tread and the front are nearing the end of their useful life.

I have a nice hydraulic floor jack with a rubber pad and with a few pumps can lift the front of the vehicle by jacking under the front cross member. It looks like the rear differential is NOT a safe jacking point as the differential looks to be mounted to the car through rubber bushings (put a little pressure on it with the jack and it moves).

Last night when I rotated the tires I had to jack each side of the rear independently at the jack points in the OM. In order to raise one side of the rear to a point where the unloaded suspension did not cause the wheel to touch the ground I had to jack it very high which actually raised the other rear wheel off the ground. I do not like to put that much twist stress on the body.

So, rather than going back and forth and jacking the rear side of the car incrementally, is there a central place for me to place the jack to raise the whole rear end?

Thanks,
Brian

Back