2017~2024 itsmike’s CX-5

itsmike

CX-5er
Hello all. In July I purchased a ‘21 Carbon Edition AWD Turbo. I thought I’d make a post to introduce myself and to share the few things I’ve done to it, as well as any subsequent changes I may make. I’ve been lurking here for many years, but only recently registered an account. This is my 4th Mazda. Previously I’ve had a 2001 Protege, a 2010 Mazda3 Hatch 2.5 manual, and a 2016.5 CX-5 2.5 Sport. All my Mazda’s have been secondary vehicles used as commuters and family/dog haulers. This time, due to less driving and a new job with a company vehicle provided, I wanted to step up a bit in trim level. So far I’m very pleased with my new CX-5. I’ve owned several turbocharged cars in the past and have been an active forum member on Subaru and BMW sites back in my more tinker-ambitious days. But this new Mazda has seemed to sort of rekindle my itch to make enhancements. I’m thinking about diving into suspension upgrades to eliminate some of the body roll and give it a more car-like, sporty ride. So if I move forward with that, I’ll be sure to post my progress here. I appreciate all of the camaraderie and sharing of information on this forum, and look forward to helping out too when I can.

E903464B-B989-4ECC-A97C-31E55A439162.jpeg

6B9550CF-8089-4128-8A9C-D2EE21DCE89C.jpeg

Black vinyl wrapped chrome belt moldings
1DD3B162-A928-4231-8EF8-B54B702F601A.jpeg

HyperDip piano black rear gate emblems. Black stainless exhaust tips from AliExpress.
742DF977-79BB-496C-B486-BBBB173918CA.jpeg

Carbon look steering wheel overlays, shift gate overlay, and start/stop button
60513A1E-539F-43BA-931F-3ED55EDA0233.jpeg

704E6092-855E-43AF-B058-DECD65F6E4A0.jpeg

E8D8A941-AF02-4D80-9342-1CB2CAD6177E.jpeg

eBay/China front strut tower brace
48EE60C2-42A1-4159-8FC8-36DB3721A1D1.jpeg

Amazon armrest pad/cover
FEF651E3-E24F-45E9-9BA6-0B4D74BE0FA3.jpeg

I’ve also had the car ceramic coated, windows tinted, added the OEM mudguards, hardwired a dashcam, and installed a Nav SD card and the center vent mounted phone holder from Amazon sellers. I negotiated factory all weather mats in with the purchase, and dealer added rear bumper guard, black lugs, and black lug lock set.

More to come…

- Mike

I wouldn't mind some of that carbon fiber stuff to cover the piano black on my dashboard.

Welcome to the boards! Looks like you got a lot done over the last couple of months, lol. Your CX-5 looks great (y) Looking forward to seeing more of your car!

Looks great! Love the blacked out badges. That was like the hardest customization I did. How did you go about that? And are the carbon fiber trim pieces a couple to wrap or is it a plastic piece that clicks over? You happy with it?

Looks great! Love the blacked out badges. That was like the hardest customization I did. How did you go about that? And are the carbon fiber trim pieces a couple to wrap or is it a plastic piece that clicks over? You happy with it?

Thanks, yeah I messed up a couple spots on my badges so will probably redo them at some point. The smaller ones “awd” and “turbo” are pretty difficult to cut clean around the insides of the a, d, b, and o. Not much room to work, so mine lifted some. Need to try next time with an exacto knife, but that might still be too large. The carbon fiber look stuff are plastics overlays that come with double-side tape. They simply stick to the piano black gate surround and on top of the aluminum look trim on the steering wheel. I like them so far. Links below..

Duoles Sport Carbon Fiber Print... https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Duoles 2 PCS Carbon Fiber Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Kadore Carbon Fiber Style... https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Welcome! Great intro, pics and mods...Fantastic ideas posted here for the Community, thanks for sharing and looking forward to your updates! (y)

Back