it cost me 400$ for obx header...

alexelie

:
protege5 red
i just received my obx header and im really happy but itjust cost me too much.
the header is 240+shipping/tax:110$+40 for "douane"=390$. i would like to know if someone live in canada and knows a good online shop where i could buy my stuff from?

Holy crap, why did you pay so much for it? I'm sure you could have gotten it somewhere else for much cheaper.

i just received my obx header and im really happy but itjust cost me too much.
the header is 240+shipping/tax:110$+40 for "douane"=390$. i would like to know if someone live in canada and knows a good online shop where i could buy my stuff from?

dude! I live in Canada and have this issue all the time trying to get stuff from the US. You need to ship stuff with USPS so you don't get murdered with border fees. Also buy stuff from forum members, cheaper that way!

Yeah, or contact a member on here to buy it for you, then you can get it shipped up there the way you want it to be and not have to pay fees.

dude! I live in Canada and have this issue all the time trying to get stuff from the US. You need to ship stuff with USPS so you don't get murdered with border fees. Also buy stuff from forum members, cheaper that way!

dude there was a dude selling headers for 120 shipped to canada, and 80 shipped for states...

It's hard to find parts for protege5 and protegegarage is an awsome site but i need something else...any idea?

how can usps save me some money? Do i simply ask to ship with usps or how can it be done?

you take it there, get a quote first, and then pack it and bring it there and u pay for it to be shipped.
just find a local usps place and bring it there.

It's hard to find parts for protege5 and protegegarage is an awsome site but i need something else...any idea?

how can usps save me some money? Do i simply ask to ship with usps or how can it be done?

When you ship via USPS it gets transfered to canada post. Their customs/import/duty fees are super low, basically only charging you the duty and maybe GST, while shipping through UPS or any other courier you have to pay them to run the customs brokerage fees for you. As a comparsion, I paid about $6 through the standard post office for a shipment from the states (in duty), while the same value but with UPS cost almost $45 between their brokerage fees and duty.

You can also look online for quebec or ottawa mazda clubs, I think that there is one, or google the toronto protege club, there are a couple of members there from the ottawa area that could help you out.

Or you can just refuse to pay the customs fee/duty. I don't know about UPS but with Fedex if the receiver didn't pay, Fedex will collect it from the sender. Hey, just an option, doesn't mean you should do this.

With USPS, if the sender is real friendly with you and declare the item as gift then there will be no customs fee/duty at all. However, The value of a "gift" has to be under $60. What's the problem with that? Well, I am not too sure, since sender can declare whatever value they want. I am thinking the problem would be with insurance. If the package ever get lost you might only be able to claim it for under $60. Then again, I've ship something oversea before using USPS declare the item as a gift and then insure it for $100+, yet the worker that the post office didn't seem to mind. THe package never got lost, so I never get to know that whole thing with the insurance.

I've worked with Culridr, a Canadian before

He ordered stuff that gets free shipping in the US, so, he had it shipped to me

I in turn put all the boxes in one and sent it to him as a gift and paid like $20 bucks? Which would have wound up costing near the price of all the parts had it been shipped straight to him'

Hit up Culridr if you have any questions. He's the guy I did it for

Last edited:
LOL, you said worked with a Canadian member. That's gotta be a man rule violation. Careful, Engwish tricky like that.

LOL, you said worked with a Canadian member. That's gotta be a man rule violation. Careful, Engwish tricky like that.

Hey now...no Canuckistan bashing :D
As for the OP, 110$ in shipping, are you kidding me? Who did you have it shipped with? It better have arrived the next day!!

and if you buy anything else dude, have it sent here, and I can mail it to you.

I've worked with Culridr before and he can vouch.

It'll save you significantly in the end

^vouching! :)

Ironically, now I'm the one who is thinking about getting a header (and although I love the rare stuff, I'm not holding my breath on another AWR showing up soon (Circuit sold one in November which I hesitated on since my 1st cat was still working, but not anymore...)

go steal Jeff's Ractive! lol

Why you thinking on a header? I thought you liked your Wagner.....

You know how to get ahold of me if you need anything too

Latest posts

Back