- throw in the towel
- running light woes
- Takata airbags
- seat not so hot
- steering wheel leather cracks
- moisture in light
- rattle in sunroof
- strange occurrence

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and suggest a new thread sub-heading to accommodate the multitude of problematic threads that get posted here in the so-called "Lounge". Perhaps we need a "SERVICE & COMPLAINT DESK" ???

I can empathize with folks that begin to have frustrations with their CX-9 - whether only months old or years in service, or only a few thousand miles versus 100k; or even frustrations with dealerships and service - but it appears that every outlier service issue or complaint turns this place into anything but a lounge... certainly not a place for generally satisfied owners to congregate and share positive thoughts and experiences. Heck, I even had a crazy issue with a U.S. quarter dollar costing me half a day and nearly a couple of hundred bucs, but perhaps we can find a way to separate the wheat from the chaff, and create a more positive environment?

Just a thought... Overall the new CX-9's are terrific vehicles that offer great value for the dollar, and provide a great deal of owner satisfaction; maybe it deserves a more positive location for comments?

Agreed. Unfortunately forums always become a place people come to talk about their problems outweighing all that is good with (in this case) Mazda's.

I think its just a matter of people posting threads in the wrong subforums. It was brought up in the CX-5 forums that people generally post new threads in a given subforum because it gets the most traffic.

Mods could also move threads to the correct subforums but they may be too busy to deal with that as well as dealing with whatever else is on their plate.

Stuff like the "throw in the towel" thread and the "IIHS confusion" thread are perfect for the Lounge, for example.

Last edited:
I think its just a matter of people posting threads in the wrong subforums. It was brought up in the CX-5 forums that people generally post new threads in a given subforum because it gets the most traffic.

Mods could also move threads to the correct subforums but they may be too busy to deal with that as well as dealing with whatever else is on their plate.

Stuff like the "throw in the towel" thread and the "IIHS confusion" thread are perfect for the Lounge, for example.

Agreed with this.

I posted a thread in the Tires section forever ago and it really didn't get any traffic. Crossposted to the lounge and it took off. I don't think this site has enough traffic to justify there being 6 subforums on the CX-9 alone.

Agreed with this.

I posted a thread in the Tires section forever ago and it really didn't get any traffic. Crossposted to the lounge and it took off. I don't think this site has enough traffic to justify there being 6 subforums on the CX-9 alone.

Sometimes you just have to bump your own thread. I'm moving some posts now but like mentioned, people just dump in lounge when a topic is clearly a engine/transmission problem.

singlemalt, yes sometimes stuff is posted that belongs elsewhere. "Is it me or does this current gen have lots of problems" would be lounge while "is is me or does this engine have issues" would be an engine thread, with a lot of folks having a hard time making that distinction. But yes, the internet is the greatest source to go to, to find negativity, aside from a KIA service department. I see you are a Yinzer? I'm out in Westmoreland county.

Latest posts

Back