is the mazdaspeed tech package really worth it?

JrTekSilverP5

:
02' TwoToned (Sliver/Black) MP5
$1,800 for 10 speakers and a mini nav screen? just asking cause im thinkin of getting it on my new mspd3

My personal opinion is no. But we have it. It also comes with the keyless start/fob and security system. My wife wanted it so we got it. We haven't even used the NAV, the Bose system sounds like garbage, the six months of free Sirius isn't worth it anyway as I wouldn't listen to Sirius if they paid me. It's not a programming bias. The sound quality of XM and Sirius are both awful. So all that's left is the alarm and the keyless start.

I could have put in a factory mazda remote start kit for the price of the kit which is about $200 I think. So I don't think the package is worth it. But hopefully it will only help the resale and I can recoup some of the loss later.

Not for me. The factory stereo sounds ok, not great, but I didn't think the Bose sounded great either. Push button start I don't care for. Nav is nice but the mini nav was nothing special...my phone works just as well

i've had the normal radio (in my '06) compared to the Bose in the '10 and the Bose is loads better. is it as good as some high dollar aftermarket? probably not...but i would not classify as 'garbage'. personally i think that's a bit much.

AC Delco radios...now that's garbage.

As far as the speakers go the Bose is "decent." Works good enough for me but for the tech package price you could have some nice aftermarket speakers put in. The mazda nav system is pretty crappy. The nav is handy at times but those are pretty rare for me. I bought a little handheld garmin which works great.

Nav is not so great but good enough. It certainly looks much better and more convenient than a Garmin sitiing on the dashboard.
I haven't witnessed my alarm working yet but I want to have at least something to protect MS3.
If Bose is garbage, then the regular one should be garbage-er.
I throw my keys (including 6 smaill keys and my wife's BMW key which is not that small)
into the cupholder. I do not want my other keys hanging on the ignition.
I often use the button on the hatch to lock my MS3 after unloading heavy stuff.
With Push-button start, it's all possible. And it looks much better than a regular key fob too.
All of these for less than $1800, I think it's money-well-spent.

I think the Bose stereo is of decent quality. If you want the guy nine cars ahead of you to hear your "thump" at the stop-light, then this stereo system is not for you. I've found it to be refined and crystal-clear at higher volumes.

I've used the nav system on a few trips just to see how it works and it does a fine job. I've never used another nav system so I can't really give you any comparisons. For me, it's the perfect size. Besides I don't want something stuck to my windshield so I like it in that regard as well. My only complaint is that my neighborhood is too new to be in the database, but that is easily remedied in next years update.

The push button start has good "wow-factor". The lock/unlock buttons on the handles are pretty nifty as are the ones on the back hatch.

I'm glad I got it.

I am very happy with my tech package.
Love my radio and very happy with the nav. system. Could use a bigger screen.
Start up push button love it. Just hang my key on my pants and forget about it the whole day. I usually leave them everywhere and forget where.
No regrets.

The BOSE system sounds a lot better than on my previous MS3
The NAV screen is a decent size but the system itself is not as good as some of the aftermarket ones
As CHeo mentioned, the pushbutton start is awesome because I too leave my keys everywhere

I like the tech package and the features. The stereo sounds decent, the nav works well enough. I didnt bother subscribing to the sat tunes. Using the blue tooth for getting music from an iphone is nice, no cords required.

-Derrick

Thanx everyone... I think the positives out weigh the negatives... so yeah i guess i know what im gonna be doin at trigger time...

me too i love the BOSE sound i wanted to have it cause i didnt want to upgrade my stereo and wiring and changing speakers so i went with it about the nav i barely use it and keyless entry is indeed a very confortable mode to open and close the car , and the pushbutton start also is great

TigerDirect can give you a Navigon 2100Max with lifetime traffic for around $79. Shove that either onto your dash, or clip it to the AC vents with commonly used adapters. Very nice GPS, shows exit signs and lanes to be in, and you get lifetime traffic. And you can use the touch screen on it from where you sit. Save the $ and then buy a good sub woofer and amp if you want more bump. You will still come out $1000 ahead and have better GPS and sound.

Once you get used to push button start (which is on almost all highline cars coming out now) you will never be able to go back.

Tech package 100% worth it to me. I didn't think it was when I bought it, but the nav has bailed me out multiple times from getting lost and the small screen is not a big deal.

The MS3 is meant for you to feel the road and go fast, not to stare at a giant touchscreen =)

if u dont get the tech package are the spaces for the 10 speakers still there? cause i think thats whats really winning me over...

me too i love the BOSE sound i wanted to have it cause i didnt want to upgrade my stereo and wiring and changing speakers so i went with it about the nav i barely use it and keyless entry is indeed a very confortable mode to open and close the car , and the pushbutton start also is great

Hey Nadim the navigation system works in the DR.??

hey well it works but not so specific it only has main street thats the problem iam trying to find a solution for it but still wainting to see what can be done althought i barely use it i bought the car with the tech package more because of the bose and keyles entry and the siruis satelite radio is working great i alove it
Hey Nadim the navigation system works in the DR.??

if u dont get the tech package are the spaces for the 10 speakers still there? cause i think thats whats really winning me over...
Why? Are you thinking about putting speakers there? There isn't much point, really. The main things to be concerned with are the front door speakers/components and maybe a sub. Bose is just playing the numbers game. The average person has no clue about stereo systems. They see more speakers and think better. They see more watts and think better. That's not necessarily the case. The Bose system is mostly junk. I suggest you listen to it for a while first. To me, the biggest benefit of the tech package is keyless ignition, followed by nav, perimeter alarm, and Sirius.

Back