Is the 2010 sunglasses holder still impossible to replace? Ours is busted, again.

LordJezo

After a few years of glue and epoxy it finally crumbled more and it's straight up busted. There is no fixing it this time so now we just have a big empty spot.

Back when I first looked into this the replacement part didn't exist, it was a huge $200+ piece that included lights and buttons and was a huge deal to switch out.

Has anyone figured out yet how to just get a replacement sunglasses holder and put it in the car and not have to replace the entire overhead console?

Same problem with our 2010 and same response last year when I asked about the part. They don't sell just the door. You have to buy the entire console natch.
I decided to hell with it and just left it out. I might glue it permanently into place instead of leaving the hole but haven't bothered.
I did however order the back center console vent assembly because one of my kids kicked a vent down inside the rear ventilation. I have had this part for almost a year and haven't taken the time to start tearing it apart to replace it. PITA.

Back