is my turbo going out?

CLAW5056

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
when i step on the gas it has boost but it cuts in and out.
so do i need to clean or replace anything?
i have 67,xxx miles on the car.

At what rpm range does it cut out? Could be experiencing fuel cut, your wga could be going bad, loose coupler, etc.

m not even sure, like when im in 2nd gear 1 2 3 3.5 Around here 4 4.5 here 5 5.5 6 and here (rpms)

thats not exact but i hope it helps you guuys/girls so yall can help me out :)

Is it really violent? if its not you might be blowing spark out. if its more like a bababababaa but if it feels like you hit a brick wall then its fuel cut.

Is it really violent? if its not you might be blowing spark out. if its more like a bababababaa but if it feels like you hit a brick wall then its fuel cut.

its not like i hit a brick wall.
its real soft lets use a fan, kets say it has four blades but only two of them are working, pushing air toward you,
it feels like only half of the turbo is working.

how can i check if im blowing spark out??

Change the spark plugs, my car only had 50k miles on it and i was blowing out spark. If i were you thats what i would do is change the plugs and then see whats up after that. They are cheap anyways.

Change the spark plugs, my car only had 50k miles on it and i was blowing out spark. If i were you thats what i would do is change the plugs and then see whats up after that. They are cheap anyways.

what kind of spark pulgs would i need to buy?
best ones?

It looks like this on the backside of the turbo. Only one vac line runs to it.

GRT-WGT-008_450.jpg

Back