Is carbon fiber.......out?

blkspdfreak

:
03 black msp and silver p5
I just scored big time on a VIS EVO carbon fiber hood ($50, not to rub it in). I was so ecstatic about getting it because I've always loved them.... I put it on and now i'm 50/50 about it, but I don't know why..... I almost feel like i'm associating it with rice and my "younger tuning style". Maybe because I am getting older and it seems that the car scene is progressing away from it and going towards a "clean" look. obviously legitimate race cars still use it, because that's what it was meant for. Just trying to get everyone's opinion, maybe im just in a funk and it'll grow on me. opinions?

Functionality is not rice, your hood isnt painted or spray painted black to look like cf so its not. If you don't like it ill give you $75 for it although I'd rather have an oem style

Carbon fiber will never be out. Carbon fiber isn't rice...now if you added a park-bench rear wing then yes...THAT is rice.

Carbon fiber is used in a lot of racing applications to save a lot of weight..also used to enhance the appearance of cars just like the Audi R8. The fairings are carbon-fiber and also make the car look bad ass.

I had a turbo ecotec cavalier back in 2006 with a evo style VIS carbon fiber hood and trunk. The car was navy blue and looked really good with the rim setup I had.

i agree using them on a race or somewhat performance car, but i just don't feel like it fits on an automatic silver protg5. i'm going to paint my headlight bezels black and if i don't think it flows then it'll go up for sale.

Wish it was an oem one I'd buy it off you
hell im in florida id give u $76 for it (beat that Tweety) lol post a pic blk and let us see how it looks we will give our honest opinion

Edit: just googled it n saw a pic of the hood changed my mind i'd give u $49 for it lol i cant see it looking too good on a silver p5 without heavy accents... even on my two toned car i would question how it would look

Last edited:
thanks I guess lol.....I (hope) with the black upper and lower grill, and to be done soon painted headlights, it will flow better. hopefully sometime this week I will get the lights done.

Back