iPod Integration - Neo Car VS XCarLink

morpheen

:
Mazda CX-9
Hello,

My previous Mazda was a 3 and I had the XCarLink iPod integration kit installed which worked really well.

Now that I have the CX-9 I am looking for an integration kit but refuse to pay the $300+ that the dealer wants for the factory Mazda kit. I was going to just get the XCarLink again but thought I would look around to see what else was available.

I am wondering if any one has experience with the Neo Car kit? Right now it is a little more expensive than the XCarLink but normally they are the same price. Any help would be appreciated!

Here are the two product links:

Neo Car Link from neocaraudio.com

XCarLink from therpmstore.com

That Neo Car adapter looks like a good alternative to the factory one. A lot cheaper and integrated control.

It certainly does! I was hoping someone had experience with it. the XCarLink was great, but after about 2 years the cable starting to wear and crackle etc.

Will this module work if the CX-9 is equipped with the NAV system? If so, will the iPod info be displayed on the NAV screen? with SIRIUS radio? I read that the XCarLink will not work with the NAV system, but couldn't find anything on the Neo Car Link site.

Last edited:
I guess not (see my post above).....bummer
http://www.neocaraudio.com/shopping...ar=2008&action=buy_now&products_id=5064&ask=1 The Neo ProLink iPod adapter gives you high quality audio, power and charging of the ipod as well as control on the radio and steering wheel (if equipped). When the iPod ...

~ If you have Factory Satellite Radio (subscribed to), it MUST be disconnected to use this adapter.
~ If you have an External CD-Changer (usually found in trunk, glove box or center console) it must be disconnected. In-Dash CD Changer is not affected or disabled.
~ Navigation radio is NOT compatible.
~ This adapter is compatible and will charge with iPod™ Mini, Nano, Photo, Video, Classic, iPhone, iTouch (This includes charging for 4th Gen Nano, 3G iPhone and 2nd Gen Touch) [not compatible with 1st & 2nd Generation (10GB/15GB), iPod Shuffle]

I ended up going uber cheap for now. Monster Cable has a great adapter for charging the ipod in the car, but it also has a headphone jack which uses the line-out portion of the dock connector.

So that and a male/male stereo cable works really well with the AUX input. Sure I can't control the ipod from the steering wheel but $8 is way easier to pry out of the wallet! ;)

http://factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=MO1002

MO1002.jpg

Back