IPhone

texasbill

Read the posts on the IPod. I have an IPhone and will connect with bluetooth. But I'm wondering if anyone has experince (bow) with the IPhone and how I can play tunes from my built-in Ipod feature on the IPhone. I pick up my new CX-9 later this week.

There's no bluetooth link into the CX-9's audio, only the phone. You'll probably have to get one of those 4 conductor to 3 conductor adapters that allow you to connect the headphone output from your iPhone into the CX-9's Aux input in the center console.

The CX9 head unit does not support AD2P, but AFAIK neither does the ipod phone. One of the baffling omissions on that particular device and critical if you want to stream music with any fidelity over bt.

There's no bluetooth link into the CX-9's audio, only the phone. You'll probably have to get one of those 4 conductor to 3 conductor adapters that allow you to connect the headphone output from your iPhone into the CX-9's Aux input in the center console.

Done it with my iPhone and it works great. They sell the correct cable at the Apple Store.

Belkin makes a great product.

Done it with my iPhone and it works great. They sell the correct cable at the Apple Store.

I have been using a Belkin adapter http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=193794# in my other cars and it works great. Even connects to the Iphone using the flat bottom connector and the sound is great. You even get a boost in volume with this device. I used a small cable to connect to the AUX IN connector from the Belkin unit. First purchased it for my LR3 as the dealer wanted $500 for a "IPOD Integration Module".(bang)(monkey)..spent $39.99 and the only downfall is a warning on the Iphone that "the device is not approved for Iphone use and if I want to turn airplane mode on- Yes or No- and I just reply no. I think these modules shouldn't be this expensive and I am happy mazda offers one for around $119 for the CX-9:).

The iPod integration module doesn't really integrate the iPod at all well so make sure you check its capabilities before you hand over your cash for it.

I was very disappointed when I saw the capabilities of it so I stayed with using the AUX connector. But it's such a waste of the nice big touch-screen to have "AUX" and "Sound" as the only two things displayed on it.

Maybe they will come out with a better iPod integration module but I think the limiting factor will be the firmware in the head unit which probably can't be updated.

I'm using this guy and it works great. The only thing I've experienced is that if I use the headphone jack to AUX1 connection in the center console and I try to charge it at the same time, I get a buzzing coming from the speakers within about 60 seconds of plugging it in. It goes away as soon as I disconnect, but you need to charge it sometime.

Could just be my ciglighter adapter.

auxcable_1.jpg

Back