iPhone no longer pairs with cheapo 2016 CX5

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
I have the base model CX5 as a third vehicle, I can't remember the model sorry. Just the basic radio, no touch screen etc. But I'm assuming since it has never been to a dealer yet, it's not a change in truck software but something new with my iPhone software on iOS 9.3.1. When I try to pair it just says "err." My wife's stopped working as well. I don't have android devices to check out.

The USB cable still works but really I need the bluetooth for calls and the like as there is a law here against using your phone without handsfree.

I saw it referenced in another thread but I just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one with issues.

Try deleting the connection completely from the phone and the head unit and try the pairing process again. Maybe that works....

Unfortunately no. I tired all that. Deleting off the phone and vehicle as if I had just bought it.

I work on iphones every day and unfortunately its because of the ios update theres nothing you can do unless apple or mazda updates the software to be compatible again.

Ok, thanks. Is there a website somewhere that lists the latest revision and revision notes for the Mazda software that I can check periodically?

I don't know about a website but there is an ios update to 9.3.2 that came out not too long ago.

Right, but we just determined it was an issue on Mazda's part. Are you saying the new update fixed it?

Was informed by my dealer that Mazda was due to release a new version of the software to address iPhone connectivity sometime in the next couple of months. I'm running iOS 9.3.2 and not really having issue with my 6s pairing with my CX-5. My main issue is with Pandora dropping its connection

Last edited:
I have the base model CX5 as a third vehicle, I can't remember the model sorry. Just the basic radio, no touch screen etc. But I'm assuming since it has never been to a dealer yet, it's not a change in truck software but something new with my iPhone software on iOS 9.3.1. When I try to pair it just says "err." My wife's stopped working as well. I don't have android devices to check out.

The USB cable still works but really I need the bluetooth for calls and the like as there is a law here against using your phone without handsfree.

I saw it referenced in another thread but I just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one with issues.

This happen when I first picked up CX-5 when salesman was going over radio demo. If doesn't work just turn iPhone6S off and back on. It has something to do with iPhone bluetooth pairing. Happened again after 3 months same thing just turn off iPhone and turn on again all of suddenly everything normal.

Mine did that and I erased the network settings and it worked again. Only lost a few saved wifi networks.

It is not version related issue, the rest of the world that updated to 9.3.1 still connects.

Back