Intercooler/intake hard pipes

lavishauto

:
2007 mazdaspeed3
So my intercooler and intake hard pipes keep blowing apart. What do you guys do to keep these things from blowing apart? I have weapon R hard pipes. I can't seem to get them to stop blowing apart. My cars stock boost too. What do you guys use, what couplings do you use. The clamps I use are like ones you'd use on Tractor Trailers. You use either 7/16th down to a 10mm (have 2 different sized clamps) Those last a lot longer then the hose clamps that you tighten with a 8mm or screwdriver.

I just use non beaded ebay intercooler pipes, silicon couplers and tbolt clamps. Never had a pipe blow. Maybe do them up tighter or insert the pipes in til they touch?

Yeah dude, those are the clamps I use. I use silicone pipes too. I get the clamps tight and stuff. I don't understand what's up. Not unless my couplings are cheap-o's. Idk man. I'll have to really look at if someday. I was thinking about just getting corksports silicone pipes so it's all one piece and not 4 seperate ones.

maybe your using the wrong size couplers or tbolts? i dunno what comes in that kit. you could put contact cement on the end of the pipes to give it some tooth though.

With T-bolt clamps you shouldn't have a problem if they are tightened down properly AND the correct size. Make sure the pipes and couplers are clean and spray hairspray where they contact if you want to help them stick.

I started having issues with my hot pipe coming off of the turbo, but I am running 20+psi, silicone couplers and t-bolt clamps even after cleaning and applying hairspray in an attempt to stop it. I was getting oil intrusion from my failing turbo and it would allow it to come off. Is there an abundance of oil in your charge pipe?

I have the weapon R hard pipes. I had to get them when my stock air pipe cracked and got a hole in it. The couplers they use are great but are slicker than the thread reinforced silicone couplers. my best advice is either get t band clamps or tighten the s*** out of the hose clamps they give you. It will look like they are cutting into the coupler to be tight enough to get it to stay under spirited driving. where they they coming off? if its the same one all the time you can start looking for a cause other than it being not as tight as it should be. the ones on the intercooler you have to tighten down real good. the one I usually blow is the coupler right next to the intake and throttle body just because its a b**** to get it tight and on correctly. Also make sure you have clearence between the hard pipe and the clutch hardware. My pipes got a hole rubbed in them after 3 years from rubbing against the clutch. Ill get around to replacing it hopefully soon when I do my FMIC upgrade, until then its been wrapped ith silicone tape and appears to be holding decent I just can't stay in boost too long before it starts to act up.

IDK if you've fixed your issues or not, but if not, buy some Hump Couplers. This car has a lot of motor movement even with quality mount inserts.

Back