Interchangeability of 3rd Gen Seats

mspeedP5

Contributor
:
'02 Protege5
Will the front seats of a 2001 Protege MP3 swap into a 2003 P5? Will a P5 front bucket swap into a 1999 Protege LX? Will an LX front seat bolt into a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed? I've always thought they are all interchangeable but I'm looking for confirmation.

I can't 100% confirm any of the 99-00 info...but i'm positive the front 01+ MP3, ES/P5, and MSP seats are all interchangeable...there are lots of different upholstery options through those years, but the rails/seats mount to the same 4 points...and i'm pretty certain they all use the same belt sensor lead underneath the driver seat...

but again, i don't know about 99-00 proteges...I'm pretty sure those older cars didn't have the adjustable driver seat lower section...the 'newer' proteges have those 2 wheels that move the lower section around...I thought i saw pictures of a 1.6L protege not having that...but not sure if that would change how the seats actually bolt into the car, though...

As I suspected.
My SPARCO dealer is saying that the 99+ Mazda Protege "500 Series" seat base will not bolt into a '02 Protege 5! I told him that it will. He said the base is a "special order" and if it does not fit, I cannot return it. I told him to get it to me and if it doesn't fit I'll make it fit! :D

As I suspected.
My SPARCO dealer is saying that the 99+ Mazda Protege "500 Series" seat base will not bolt into a '02 Protege 5! I told him that it will. He said the base is a "special order" and if it does not fit, I cannot return it. I told him to get it to me and if it doesn't fit I'll make it fit! :D

post your findings to clear it up for everyone once and for all please.

As I suspected.

maybe hes thinking its mazda "5"

Back