Integral Cams Install

I just video's my stage 2.5 cam NA motor. I'll try to post a link if I can get it to download off my wife's Droid X2.

According to the install sheet for the Integral stage 2.5's they are drop in, no machining necessary. I Just installed a set and turned them by hand and there's no contact outside of the shim/bucket. Anyone know the difference in degrees between the stage 2.5 turbo vs. 2.5 NA cams as far as pin placement?

Can Anyone answer this question?

I talked to Steve at Integral a couple years ago and there's only a couple degrees difference according to him.

I talked to Steve at Integral a couple years ago and there's only a couple degrees difference according to him.

Thanks for the response. I'm wondering how many degrees I need to adjust the cams to tune out the overlap on the N/A camshafts.

I was thinking to retard the intake cam 4deg and retard the exhaust cam 2deg to move the powerband down. Either that go 2deg in the opposite direction

Welcome. that would open LSA 2 deg.

Thanks for the response. I'm wondering how many degrees I need to adjust the cams to tune out the overlap on the N/A camshafts.

I was thinking to retard the intake cam 4deg and retard the exhaust cam 2deg to move the powerband down. Either that go 2deg in the opposite direction

I'm having issues with the 2.5 N/A Cams... i got them to idle nicely at 1100rpm but my vacuum is hurting... i've done some googling and low vacuum seems to be common with larger profile cam shafts... so far i retarded the intake cam 3deg and left the exhaust zero'd... just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get some vacuum back

Do you have a standalone? What is your vacuum reading in HG?

I'm having issues with the 2.5 N/A Cams... i got them to idle nicely at 1100rpm but my vacuum is hurting... i've done some googling and low vacuum seems to be common with larger profile cam shafts... so far i retarded the intake cam 3deg and left the exhaust zero'd... just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get some vacuum back

vacuum sits between -14 and -15... idle is ok just bouncy... i think it's just the tune... yes I have a Microtech Lt8

good read on this. just want to continue learning from this thread since i plan on doing cams possibly after the holidays.

Did you open your throttle screw more than stock? I'm running stage 2.5's also - intake and exhaust both retarded a good amount and idle runs 21 hg, 13.9 afr and 19 degrees advance ignition.. What's your idle timing read in the bottom of the data window? What AFR's are you seeing at idle?
vacuum sits between -14 and -15... idle is ok just bouncy... i think it's just the tune... yes I have a Microtech Lt8

Last edited:
Well I just zero'd them out again. Got my idle to sit at 1k'ish with a -12inhg vacuum. Dropped my idle timing to 13. I'm tired of playing with it for now. I need some dyno time and a tune.

It's just a headache. But don't get me wrong. The pull is unreal. Hitting 20psi in second gear and breaking loose 19" rims at 5k is a trip.

These cams do seem to like a higher idle but my wallet doesn't. And the low vacuum seems normal. I doubt theres a leak any where. Ive checked and checked and checked again. Besides when i free rev i actually gain vacuum. Yeah weird. This is my DD and I spend a lot of time just idling that's wht it's important for me to get it right.

Last edited:
Maybe a MAP hose leak to your Microtech? Odd.
Well I just zero'd them out again. Got my idle to sit at 1k'ish with a -12inhg vacuum. Dropped my idle timing to 13. I'm tired of playing with it for now. I need some dyno time and a tune.

It's just a headache. But don't get me wrong. The pull is unreal. Hitting 20psi in second gear and breaking loose 19" rims at 5k is a trip.

These cams do seem to like a higher idle but my wallet doesn't. And the low vacuum seems normal. I doubt theres a leak any where. Ive checked and checked and checked again. Besides when i free rev i actually gain vacuum. Yeah weird. This is my DD and I spend a lot of time just idling that's wht it's important for me to get it right.

Back