installed the turbosmart dual port BOV.

Try adjusting the knob, i just went to a straight street and would make a run,then do a turn.it was all trial and error, still not sure if its adjusted perfect either.
Do u still have stock plastic pipes?
Also, watch your boost gauge to see when the valve opens, it should help in adjustment.
You should get the recirc sound, then the ppppssshhhhh. If u shift super fast, sometimes you wont hear the VTA pppssshhh sound, i think from stompin the gas back down so quickly.
Sometimes when i just barely boost it, it kinda sounds like an "angry turkey".

I hope you get it to work out considering I was the one that suggetsed it!!!

Last edited:
hey kypatrick, i was wondering about somethign i asked you in the other thread. dony you have your BOV backwards? according to teh turbosmasrt website and diagram, you do. and ive been turning it and turning it, i want my dam "swoosh".

hey kypatrick, i was wondering about somethign i asked you in the other thread. dony you have your BOV backwards? according to teh turbosmasrt website and diagram, you do. and ive been turning it and turning it, i want my dam "swoosh".

?????
I have mine backwards? it seems to work ok. Im gonna look into that. I wonder if it really matters, its just a valve that opens right? as long as the Vac line is right, does it matter?

yeah, according to the Turbosmart Directions, mine is backwards. I did some tinkering today tho and here is what i found:
I installed it like Turbosmart suggests and i too, did not hear a thing. I had a buddy rev it, and i could feel it vent.
I drove it real hard with it installed like that, and did not hear it vent. I could hear it faintly recirc.
I took it off and installed it"wrong" like i had it before and had soemone rev it while i put my hand on it, it still vents like it should. It didnt seem it made a difference on the way it functioned, but it seems ass-backwards (like i had installed it), is the best way to hear it vent.

I suggest putting it on like mine, if u r worried im wrong about it working, put your hand on it while someone hits the throttle, u will feel it. Also, take it for a drive with it, u will hear it better. Im tryin to work on a way to get a sound clip. I might be able to mount my phone under the hood and record.
(ughdance)

well i had it on the right way and i just pushed down on the throttle body and had my hand over the BOV. i felt it slightly venting against my hand. idk bro, i dont know how safe it is to use it backwards. like, the boost is supposed to come from the bottom so it can push the piston up. but i want a damn swoosh already. im pretty disapointed. this is gay. i should have went with forge or something. or an actual BOV.

well i had it on the right way and i just pushed down on the throttle body and had my hand over the BOV. i felt it slightly venting against my hand. idk bro, i dont know how safe it is to use it backwards. like, the boost is supposed to come from the bottom so it can push the piston up. but i want a damn swoosh already. im pretty disapointed. this is gay. i should have went with forge or something. or an actual BOV.

I think the vac pulls it, not the other way around. If the boost pushed it wouldnt it stay open anytime u r boosting??? Think about it, u can constantly boost at like 8, and it doesnt open till u let off the throttle, at which point u r no longer boosting, and pullin a Vac instead. Do you have a boost gauge? Watch it next time u r driving.
Ok, look at the way a BoostScience RDV is installed, I had one and it installs the exact way i have my Turbosmart (thats the reason i thought it went like that), it is "L" shaped with the inlet on the side and outlet on bottom. Heres a link so u can look yourself:

http://www.boostsciences.com/ReflexInstallgen.pdf

Try it backwards and put your hand on it, it still works. Just give it a quick check, im tellin u it still opens.

Someone with more experience than me needs to put their 2 cents in here.

Last edited:
So anybody???? Am I wrong about how it works?? I figured someone else would have jumped in already.(cricket)

Vacuum will open that type of valve regardless of how you orient the ports. Boost push the valve open in either arrangement as well, depending on the design of the piston.

The main force in opening a valve is vacuum, boost lifting the piston is there and has to be accounted for (that's part of what the spring does) but, depending on how stiff the spring is, you can have the valve sitting on a table and run a reference line to it from the car and it wills stiff open when the engine is in vacuum.

hiroshi988, try using the brake booster as an independent vac source for the bov, should fix it and deliver the right sound. If you try it let me know how it works out.

Yeah Kypatrick in those pics you sent me yours is backwards but like you I tried it both ways and it still vented the same and sounded the same so I don't know.

Last edited:
hiroshi988, try using the brake booster as an independent vac source for the bov, should fix it and deliver the right sound. If you try it let me know how it works out.

Yeah Kypatrick in those pics you sent me yours is backwards but like you I tried it both ways and it still vented the same and sounded the same so I don't know.

I agree wit dis guy^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
try that and let us know 99.9 % sure this will fix your problem.

Back