injector duty cycle

The pulse width varies with load, not the duty cycle.

Both do...

inj.jpg

Last edited:
can you explain more how you can find out injector duty cycle via OBDII. that software you linked bill, doesnt work with my scantool. do you have any info on the pid and such?

It looks like its only available to special vehicles, so when you click ENH it pops up with the 5 types you can choose. Doesn't work with your ELM tool?

Dexter said:
can you explain more how you can find out injector duty cycle via OBDII. that software you linked bill, doesnt work with my scantool. do you have any info on the pid and such?

PID 1410 is injector pulse width. Once you use it awhile, it's a direct conversion in your head to duty cycle- see the graph I linked to above.

For example, at 600 rpm, 20 ms is equal to 20 / 200 = 1/10 of a complete cycle. 1/10 is the same as 10%, so at 600 rpm, 20 ms gives a 10% duty cycle.

But at 6000 rpm, a 20 ms results in a duty cycle of 20/20 = 1 = the entire cycle. So at 6000 rpm, a 20 ms pulsewidth is the same as a 100% duty cycle.

You can extrapolate from there.

Last edited:
just an update guys.

When I graphed out the 30 secs of the injector duty cycle I found out that when it did max out to 99.9% it does it when i just slightly press on the gas; on the graph it would show a spike. When I did a WOT start all the way to 4th gear the injectors did not reach any higher than 71% which is perfectly safe.
So my conclusion is my injectors are not maxing out and on the graph it just spikes up and down randomly when I press the gas. Still don't why it does that though...

02p5 said:
just an update guys.

When I graphed out the 30 secs of the injector duty cycle I found out that when it did max out to 99.9% it does it when i just slightly press on the gas; on the graph it would show a spike. When I did a WOT start all the way to 4th gear the injectors did not reach any higher than 71% which is perfectly safe.
So my conclusion is my injectors are not maxing out and on the graph it just spikes up and down randomly when I press the gas. Still don't why it does that though...
It is just in the software. There is nothing wrong.

Back