Infotainment System Bugs

That's a pretty bold and presumptuous statement on your part. What does "fine" mean?
If you wrote that you have no issues [yet] with your iphone where you are located (in Japan), you comment would sound credible. Remember, you're posting on a US website where the vast majority are dealing with Mazda North America (not Japan) where many things including the infotainment software is different here. (eek2)

Actually, they both run the same OS. With the only difference being the region code. (Which can be changed in the root menu)

Nevertheless, isn't this forum ran/owned by a guy who lives in Japan?

Plus, This is the internet. A world with no political boundaries. Why not welcome a fellow Mazda lover with a warm Happy New Year from America?
I guess, cordiality is not your forte.

I just wanted to talk about my new car, share my experiences, and learn from other Mazda lovers. But maybe this American site isn't open to talk about JAPANESE cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive Mr. Google; he may have had a bad day, it seems.

Forgive Mr. Google; he may have had a bad day, it seems.

Lol. Probably. However, it is a pet peeve of mine when someone makes a generic remark (like Bruns did] that just because something works or is good for them, that person automatically assumes everyone is supposed to experience the same result. #rantend

Lol. Probably. However, it is a pet peeve of mine when someone makes a generic remark (like Bruns did] that just because something works or is good for them, that person automatically assumes everyone is supposed to experience the same result. #rantend

Take a chill pill and chilex this year mate.

f303fc15926fc52d0940eedfc8042cff.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Just got my 2015 3 Touring with the Technology package. The infotainment system is version 33. I had high hopes when I plugged in my USB memory stick and was able to see all of the albums with the artwork. I restarted the system a couple of times to see if the songlist would revert to the first song and was encouraged when it started where it left off. With that positive experience, I then entered the FM and Sirius channels.

Well, this thing has dementia. If you stay in a function, say the USB drive, the system works well. Change between functions and the USB plays song 1 when accessed and forgets all of the radio channels previously input. Maybe I did something wrong but do not believe so. Disappointed.

Bugs Bugs...

I just bought a Mazda 3s Touring with Bose system, and I am having the following bugs.

-The whole head unit will shut off suddenly and reboot for no apparent reason during normal operation and driving.

-Will read my usb stick, then for whatever reason fails to read it, shutting down audio functionality to most audio options except FM/AM.

-Spent a good 20 minutes adding FM/AM channels to favorites and then next day all channels were gone from storage.

-Maybe I need to read the manual better, but it appears I am locked out of the text messaging and viewing options supposedly part of the package. I see the icons in the Nav screen, but they are darkened out and are not allowing me access to them.

That's it so far....(sigh)

Just got my 2015 3 Touring with the Technology package. The infotainment system is version 33. I had high hopes when I plugged in my USB memory stick and was able to see all of the albums with the artwork. I restarted the system a couple of times to see if the songlist would revert to the first song and was encouraged when it started where it left off. With that positive experience, I then entered the FM and Sirius channels.

Well, this thing has dementia. If you stay in a function, say the USB drive, the system works well. Change between functions and the USB plays song 1 when accessed and forgets all of the radio channels previously input. Maybe I did something wrong but do not believe so. Disappointed.

I have the same trim level and bought my car last Thursday and have been experiencing the same problems as you.

Ether,
My v29 has no such problems you had.
The last one: is that due to speed-limiting grey-out? (>5mph)

Bought a new 2015 sGT yesterday. Software is up to date (33.00.5) Within 24 hours I've already experienced quite a few serious (and not so serious) issues:

* Nav audio takes over driver side speaker... even when it's not saying anything! Muting Nav audio seems to fix this, I think...

* At one point, the following 3 things happened more or less at once:

1. Voice commands (talk button) stopped working. Pressing it set the status to "wait for tone", and killed all audio - but nothing else happens (no tone, recognition, etc)
2. Navigation completely stopped working. System claimed it wasn't installed.
3. My USB memory stick was no longer recognized.

In attempts to resolve these 3 issues, I tried turning the car off and on again, removing and reinserting the SD card and USB stick. Nothing worked.

I took a break and tried again an hour later... after reading around about similar issues. I started the car to ACC, disabled bluetooth, then started the engine. Waited. And tried the NAV again - it worked. I have not tried a USB stick again yet.

The USB stick I had in originally was basically my normal USB stick. It had a lot of junk. Definitely had tracks with odd symbols like $, etc. But it was working earlier, and supposedly the symbols stuff was fixed with an earlier update, I thought.

I'm going to try with a clean(er) stick next time and will be careful to wait after startup a bit before doing anything as has been suggested in many places. Hopefully this won't recur!

Definitely disappointed with the shoddy software.

My fresh USB stick has been working, perfectly since day 1.

I have a new 3 SEL-Nav and the phone/Wi-Fi has never worked.

I am making a list of bugs that people have come across and going to send it to Mazda.

What bugs have you folks run into? Also, what version OS is installed? Mine is v20.00.007

The car will not connect through wireless to ANY mobile phone.
I am on the 4th EEU for the car.
One previously working in a 3 Sport goes in mine and splat nothing.
Mazda UK customer service have been approximately useless.

I brought mine in for its 40,000 mile (yes, 40,000 miles already!) oil change and to have them check for updates for the infotainment system again. Since the last update I've had a new problem. It now frequently crashes and reboots when playing music on my phone via Bluetooth. It still also hoses my iPod Classic (USB) while I'm driving and listening to music on it. I have to unplug it, reboot the iPod, and then plug it back in again. Sometimes it doesn't work until I stop the car, shut it off, open and close the driver's door, and then restart the car.

What the dealer told me when they looked at it was that they found "an error code" in the infotainment system. They "reset the system" (whatever that means--all of my settings were still there). I was told that if I continue to have problems, AND ONLY IF THEY FIND ANOTHER ERROR CODE, will Mazda authorize moving forward with anything. That step will be to replace the hardware for the infotainment system. I'm not convinced this is a hardware problem. I suspect it to be a programming issue in their infotainment system software. I just hope that I can continue to get support from Mazda. It also annoys me that I cannot do my own version upgrades like I could do with MyFordTouch. I would like to stay current on the infotainment system software as I do with any other computer software I use, but I will have to pay the dealer for upgrades in the future.

The car will not connect through wireless to ANY mobile phone.
I am on the 4th EEU for the car.
One previously working in a 3 Sport goes in mine and splat nothing.
Mazda UK customer service have been approximately useless.
Time to visit another dealer. BTW whats an EEU?

I brought mine in for its 40,000 mile (yes, 40,000 miles already!) oil change and to have them check for updates for the infotainment system again. Since the last update I've had a new problem. It now frequently crashes and reboots when playing music on my phone via Bluetooth. It still also hoses my iPod Classic (USB) while I'm driving and listening to music on it. I have to unplug it, reboot the iPod, and then plug it back in again. Sometimes it doesn't work until I stop the car, shut it off, open and close the driver's door, and then restart the car.

What the dealer told me when they looked at it was that they found "an error code" in the infotainment system. They "reset the system" (whatever that means--all of my settings were still there). I was told that if I continue to have problems, AND ONLY IF THEY FIND ANOTHER ERROR CODE, will Mazda authorize moving forward with anything. That step will be to replace the hardware for the infotainment system. I'm not convinced this is a hardware problem. I suspect it to be a programming issue in their infotainment system software. I just hope that I can continue to get support from Mazda. It also annoys me that I cannot do my own version upgrades like I could do with MyFordTouch. I would like to stay current on the infotainment system software as I do with any other computer software I use, but I will have to pay the dealer for upgrades in the future.
The dealer is correct. there's nothing much they can do short of updating the firmware if there is no error code. I have always found north amercian cars are ahead of the game in technology with their audio and electronic equipment eg, power windows, upgradability, etc.

The infotainment has hacks available if you're willing to fork over some additional hardware and if you're really into hacking and programming. Aside from that, Mazda has never done anything conventionally. I mean, it makes no sense they allow the end user to download map updates but not infotainment firmware updates. heck, everyone updates their electronic devices on their own these days.

Woke up this morning and the clock was wrong. 2 hours ahead.

It was just a sign of what was to come.
All my set stations had been erased.
[emoji36]

Assuming your system is similar to ours, change the clock setting from the automatic setting function to the manual function (that is a little vague but without looking at the exact wording on the system, the aforementioned description will have to do). Regarding the loss of the radio station settings, yep, me too.

The systems are pretty much the same. Thanks for worrying.

I changed the clock back to manual. I pointed that put because the two "faults" are most probably related.

Let's hope it doesn't happen again. But apart from that, I love the infotainment system.

I am making a list of bugs that people have come across and going to send it to Mazda.

What bugs have you folks run into? Also, what version OS is installed? Mine is v20.00.007

MANY THINGS need to be improved. clock should have displayed nearer to the center so driver can know the time. outside temperature and compass should be added on the top along with a bigger clock display. I dont know if it is my mp3 problem, I can search album and artist even genre via voice but it doesnt recognize any song title. and also please enable the seeks and play/pause touch while the car is moving. or at least make the knob cycle. (at position 0 then turn left will cycle selector to the end). it is a huge problem when i need to move through all the bottom menu in order to pause a song or go next track.

MANY THINGS need to be improved. clock should have displayed nearer to the center so driver can know the time. outside temperature and compass should be added on the top along with a bigger clock display. I dont know if it is my mp3 problem, I can search album and artist even genre via voice but it doesnt recognize any song title. and also please enable the seeks and play/pause touch while the car is moving. or at least make the knob cycle. (at position 0 then turn left will cycle selector to the end). it is a huge problem when i need to move through all the bottom menu in order to pause a song or go next track.

The entire GUI and software upgradability all need to be redesigned from the bottom up. There's soooooooo many issues and nuances with the Infotainment system it's ridiculous.

Any how, one doesn't need to concern yourself or waste your time on them. Recently, Mazda sent out a survey to me about the car. We've had three Mazda3s over the last decade. My list of issues was over two pages long. I am not going to list them all here, but there are many also apply to those across the world. Some folks don't see or experience them, while others choose to ignore them. The vast majority of people/drivers who care about their stereo and infotainment system really dislike (many say hate) their primitive Mazda3 Infotainment system. Of course, there's always exceptions ;)

I love the infotainment of my 2014 mazda3!
It's not perfect, but neither os my iphone 6+ (the iOS being around for a while now)

I don't know what you guys get in the USA, but my sound is great.
Even when compared to my brother's Bose in his Fiat.

Sometimes I wonder if people buy Mazdas, Hondas, Toyotas etc, and expect Roll Royce

I love the infotainment of my 2014 mazda3!
It's not perfect, but neither os my iphone 6+ (the iOS being around for a while now)

I'm from the US - and i'm with you. Sure, it had its quirks here and there - but a good number of the most annoying bugs (to me at least) either have a hack available or have been solved by new versions of the OS from Mazda.

MANY THINGS need to be improved. should have displayed nearer to the center so driver can know the time. outside temperature and compass should be added on the top along with a bigger clock display.
Outside temp, Clock position, and compass features would be very user specific. Personally, I don't mind the current setup. Is there another infotainment system that let's you customize those options?

I dont know if it is my mp3 problem, I can search album and artist even genre via voice but it doesnt recognize any song title.
As for your voice recognition of song titles issue, have you tried updating your Gracenote Database? You can find out about that through Mazda's Hands-free site. I've updated from version 1 to version 4 and it did help with some of the voice recognition with the USB stick.

and also please enable the seeks and play/pause touch while the car is moving. or at least make the knob cycle. (at position 0 then turn left will cycle selector to the end). it is a huge problem when i need to move through all the bottom menu in order to pause a song or go next track.
If I had to guess - there is a reason why Mazda doesn't have the menu selection scroll back to the beginning when you keep spinning the knob to the right. It is so that you can move about the menu knowing that a couple quick spins gets you all the way to the right and then a few clicks back gets you the play/pause buttons...rather than staring at the screen (while your eyes should be on the road) to see where spinning the knob as landed you...

As for the touchscreen use while driving - there's a hack for that... Check out the info on the touchscreen speed restriction at mazda3hacks.com

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back