Infotainment System Bugs

My MZD's been updated to V31 today. I'm located in Australia. Yet to test what's been fixed...

I can confirm that the fuel economy graph thats supposed to work when you turn the car off still isn't work, and the system is still losing where I'm up to for my music on the USB drive 20% of the time. Not sure but it seems like its a weird file system where the folders on your flash drive are organised by date they were added (oldest first and newest ones at the bottom) instead of A-Z

Caller ID is now working for numbers formatted to start work +(country code).

The fuel economy screen on ignition of was working on v27 for me. Haven't tested on v31.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I can confirm that the fuel economy graph thats supposed to work when you turn the car off still isn't work, and the system is still losing where I'm up to for my music on the USB drive 20% of the time. Not sure but it seems like its a weird file system where the folders on your flash drive are organised by date they were added (oldest first and newest ones at the bottom) instead of A-Z

Fuel economy on ignition off works for me on v31 but always have from v27.

Im on version V30 here in Japan. Do you know what the most annoying thing is? I CANNOT change the language of the bugger.
The dealer guy said they'll try to install the american one. Lets see what they can do.

Yes it is!! it drives me nuts...
I understand some of it, but I don't want to go ticking boxes and changing settings without knowing what I am doing. LOL

My MZD's been updated to V31 today. I'm located in Australia. Yet to test what's been fixed...

Have you encountered any problems with corrupted artwork when playing music from an iPod? - I have and I'm trying to find out if it's general with v31 (was ok with previous v28) or just my car for some reason

TIA Pav

All, just curious, I'm planning to buy a Mazda 3 soon. Looks like it's up to v31 in the software. Are most of the bugs worked out by now?

Don't expect all the bugs to be ironed out for at least another few months. If you're buying it primarily for the tech, go with another car. If you're going to consider the tech you get for the price, then you should go for it knowing you are entitled to free updates as long as you tell the dealership you are experiencing issues.

What I read around is that v31 works for some for others doesn't. Anyway these bugs are normal for new model I think. Believe this will be sorted out after a while and shouldn't change your plans.

Last edited:
We are the early adopters.
Hopefully, Mazda can get their acts together and solve all issues ASAP.

I would hope they will continue to provide bug fixes and free updates for at least the warranty period. Hopefully they can resolve most of bugs before the next model year.

They will continue doing so for as long as the car is in production. Reason why this doesn't happen in phones is that old models get replaced every year and the old phone stops production.

I have had NO problems with version V30.. (in Japan though)
The only complaint I have is probably aimed at apple. If the AHA app is not open on my phone and I try to open it on the Infotainemet, I have to unlock my phone and allow the app to be opened by the bluetooth accessory(the car in this case).

They will continue doing so for as long as the car is in production. Reason why this doesn't happen in phones is that old models get replaced every year and the old phone stops production.

Don't get me started about phones! I see you have a Nexus 5, which will avoid this problem for about 18 months, until then when Google deems it unsupported...

OT but yup that's why I keep upgrading to the new nexus once the old one is unsupported.

Ny list of bugs is:

1. no off switch for the radio
2. random reboots of the infotainment system
3. wifi is useless. doesn't do anything including online traffic
4. not sure if this is a bug or missing feature but the infotainment won't read your SMS
5. did i mention no online traffic

That means Mazda will stop updating the infotainment system for the 2014s? I think now or next month is the end of the 2014 line.

BTW, is there a listing of what the latest firmware fixes?

Latest posts

Back