2016~2023 Improving Adaptive High Beam and Cruise Control?

Hi guys.

I bought this car the top tier one. Found out that both of these features are hit and miss.

Like it has been discussed, adaptive cruise control reacts slow during traffics, another vehicle joining lane, etc.

While I found out the adaptive high beam works pretty well when the oncoming traffic is pretty close distance, but it doesn't pick up oncoming far away traffic (long country road).

Are they just using the sensors alone? I am wondering if the front camera can be used to assist this sensors?

I believe you can adjust the sensitivity of the auto high beam in the settings menu.

For adaptive cruise, the only way to improve it (other than changing the following distance with the steering wheel) is to install an aftermarket openpilot :
Post in thread 'What have you done to your CX-9 today?'
https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/what-have-you-done-to-your-cx-9-today.123863211/post-6695402
I've adjusted the sensitivity for auto high beam but it's still not sensitive enough to detect oncoming car lights from miles away. I guess that's the limitation of it?

The open pilot you mentioned is really interesting. I wonder why Mazda didn't do it at the first place and needed us to install an aftermarket product

Well your high beams won’t blind people from miles away, they can stay on until vehicles are a lot closer than you might be used to turn them down manually.

As far as openpilot, Mazda is a small company and they have decided not to spend the energy to be at the forefront of driving assist technologies. They tend to be slower than the competition when it comes to these.

Well your high beams won’t blind people from miles away, they can stay on until vehicles are a lot closer than you might be used to turn them down manually.

As far as openpilot, Mazda is a small company and they have decided not to spend the energy to be at the forefront of driving assist technologies. They tend to be slower than the competition when it comes to these.
Yeah that makes sense. Might need to manually adjust the high beams. They are really cool when working well, but sometimes it's hit and miss as well.

Very happy with the car within the price range, but it's just some of them doesn't work nicely as I thought they would be

There is no reason to dim your highbeams for cars miles away. 1/4 mile or less is probably the distance I would turn them off

There is no reason to dim your highbeams for cars miles away. 1/4 mile or less is probably the distance I would turn them off
Hmm ok noted will try. I think someone before beam me back when I didn't turn off my high beam, from miles away

Back