I'm looking to upgrade my audio to Bose Centerpoint

jmayr2000

:
2013 Mazda CX 5
Where can i buy the speakers missing speakers and parts to upgrade to Bose Centerpoint since the car is Bose Factory.

No packages are in my car. When you look at the Bose moon package the stereo is the same as in the factory. 5.8" display. There is no Bose markings, but in the back of the car where the 2 extra speakers should be there is just the cutout and not speakers. Where the spare tire is no extra sub. So I want to add those 2 speaks and the sub. There is the complete centerpoint system. The dealership techs say the car is prewired for all upgrades so I know where to put the speakers and the centerpoint command wires for the stereo unit. Just need to know where to but the factory speakers for the car.

I think you are mistaken on several accounts.

First the bose system has an amp which handles the power to the speakers. The front doors have different speaker brackets to house woofers. There is no sub in the spare tire. Lastly the center speaker in the dash nor the rear pillers are not pre wired without the bose package.

No packages are in my car. When you look at the Bose moon package the stereo is the same as in the factory. 5.8" display. There is no Bose markings, but in the back of the car where the 2 extra speakers should be there is just the cutout and not speakers. Where the spare tire is no extra sub. So I want to add those 2 speaks and the sub. There is the complete centerpoint system. The dealership techs say the car is prewired for all upgrades so I know where to put the speakers and the centerpoint command wires for the stereo unit. Just need to know where to but the factory speakers for the car.

When i say "package" I meant to ask if you have a Sport, Touring, or Grand Touring. With that said, refer to nizzy's post.

Touring, if the speakers are different? Then where can I get the required factory Bose Speakers and amp for the difference in the 2 different versions of sound systems. There are 9 total speakers for the "Bose package" I want to buy them all. I can get then installed.

Last edited:
The bose system isnt amazing. It will cost you a ton to replicate it, way more than a custom system and wont sound as good.

I suggest going to a car audio shop and seeing what they can do for you.

You can have an aftermarket sound system with amps and still use the stock head unit. No need to switch it out.

well I found a OEM Parts website that has the breakdown of the parts and when you search the part number on any OEM parts site they will give you the costs. (oemmazdaparts.com does not list prices)

http://www.oemmazdaparts.com/parts-...ouring/2-0l-l4-gas/body-hardware/sound-system

AMPLIFIER - 2013 MAZDA CX-5 (KD4-666-A20A) $442
AMPLIFIER BRACKET - 2013 MAZDA CX-5 (KD5-166-9B0) $9.00
AMPLIFIER INSULATOR - 2013 MAZDA CX-5 (KD4-566-EG5) $3.00
2x FRONT DR SPEAKER RIGHT - 2013 MAZDA CX-5 (KD4-566-A60) $162.00ea
3x INST PNL SPEAKER - 2013 MAZDA CX-5 (NE6-166-960) $82.00ea
2x SPEAKER RIGHT - 2013 MAZDA CX-5 (NE6-466-A60) $70.00ea
Total $1082.00

With Satellite Radio/w Pandora
SATELLITE RADIO - 2013 MAZDA CX-5 (GS3-M66-DR0) $380.00
SATELLITE RADIO BRACKET - 2013 MAZDA CX-5 (KF6-966-9B0) $21.00
SATELLITE RADIO SUPPORT BRACKET - 2013 MAZDA CX-5 (KF7-066-9B0) $6.00
Total Add: $407

Navigation
CX-5 MAZDA NAVIGATION SYSTEM (VEHICLE MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH FACTORY TOUCH-SCREEN DISPLAY), KD37-79-EZX $450.00
Total Add: $450.00

on that site they are discontinued, but not for the vehicle. hense y i looked up the part number on other sites and got the prices

Ahhhh yes, any other sites you'd suggest? I wonder if the dash speaker connector can be sourced...

I just copied the part number and used http://onlinemazdaparts.com/ and searched the parent number and pulled up the prices. The thing is some of these Mazda parts websites haven't updated the drop down lists with the 2013 models so you can only search by part number. And you will find the price and buy it.

Couldn't find any info on the amp specifications. I would like to know because I want to add a sub the spare well but I don't want to pay for a amp if I don't need to.

Back