Illinois winter plans ??

I drove to another Island today. From Kyoshu to Hirado Island. It was a good time. More of a spur of the moment thing though. I don't really have any winter plans. I had to store both my Mazdas when I left the states, and I really miss them.

Last edited:
how long are you gone for? i didnt even know you left the states...i guess i missed the memo on that one

3 years. I left in Oct. I miss the Chicago area a lot. Of all the places I have been stationed it was the best. Nettie and I hope to return there at some point.

Back on topic: I plan to get a new hood for the beater I aquired here (for free). Its a 1995 Nissan March, forest green, 1300cc engine (the bigger of the two offered believe it or not). Mechanical it is in great condition, 80K miles, automatic, good interior. However the paint is rough, the hood was rattle canned years ago and is rusting through, the roof has lame white stripe and some surface rust, and it had a few issues when I got it (mostly resolved within the first week). The front passenger door (front left) did not stay closed and was duct taped shut (fixed), the gas door would not open (fixed) and the radio would come on whenever it wanted even if the car was off and it was draining the battery (fixed). All I had to pay to get the car was a years insurance (370.00), so all in all it was a great deal. It is great on gas and will fit the whole family. Actually it has more room in it than my RX8 does. We have taken it on a few trips and so far it is holding up well.

Only car related thing I wanna do is that I have to buff out my RX8 wheels. My buddy that painted them came by about a week before my winter wheels went and he wet sanded all of them for me. I started buffing them but ran out of time. I should probably get started on that one of these days, pull 1 out at a time and go to town on them.

Winter plans is to wait til Spring to:

Paint and install my Nextmod front lip
Powdercoat my MSP wheels
Figure out some hood vent I would like to do

I've already installed my stereo, etc.

im thinking about putting in a system but havent fully decided yet. the bose set up it quite nice but i like the sound of at least 2 12' subs

Its Patrick from VCS. Been modding the s*** out of that thing huh? looks good.

From the alrington hts store??

Thanks! And yeah, been modding a lot.....damn stock turbo blew again haha...this is my 3rd one, but running 23lbs doesn't help....I did the switch to e85, and well its a whole new car lol...but back on 93 for winter...have my exhaust manifold to install...waiting o pick up a front mount, and then big turbo...and will probably spray meth. Looking for 450whp for my daily driver lol

Trading the 2008 'speed3 GT for a... *sigh*... 2012 Mazda5.

Reasoning: I drive my pickup all the time, the turbo Jetta is getting too small for family needs, and the 'speed is all neglected sitting in the back anyway.
Considering the APR-chipped Jetta too, I'm looking at a net HP loss of about 340.

2012-02-12103146.jpg

This weekend I:

Changed the transmission fluid
Cleaned the EGR Valve (no more CEL!)
Replaced the Cabin Filter (what a PITA, it was also filthy!)
Swapped out spark plugs too

Last edited:
how about summer plans?

for anyone interested, sub to the Mazda Corrals thread for further info and updates!

2012MazdaCorralSchedule.png

Back