Illegal street racing threads/posts no longer allowed on Mazda Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why it was done but think it's a bad move. While much of the kills forum was BS and mindless bantering, many other forums have the same content.

I don't think that forum promoted that sort of activity. I also don't believe giving it a place to reside condoned that sort of activity. While I wasn't an active participant, I will miss it.

I don't think it has anything to do with legality. I think it's a reaction to something that's been culminating over the years due to what appears an increased frequency in deaths and injuries. (or is it the media topic de jour?)

If it was about legality issues, you would need to close just about every forum that talks about the modification of anything aside from wheels, tires, and suspension systems. Most engine or exhaust modifications are in violation of federal law.

It's not about being legal. It's about doing something for the sake of not looking like they doing nothing. Even if that something is wrong IMO.

I politely disagree with this ban but since its not my website, I will comply. Its not so much a "I support Street Racing" thing as it is a "Freedom of Speech" thing. But once again, your forum, your rules and I respect that. No one wants to hear about my P5 getting smoked by a Kia Sedona anyways.

:)

*sarcasm on*While we're at it can we can the obscene smileys and half naked chicks in sigs & avatars too. I don't think they best represent the mazda community *sarcasm off* :)

Last edited:
Oh god..I can't believe I am even going to open this can of worms but does this have anything to do with Nick Hogan (or Ebolla or whatever) getting arrested yesterday?

(poke)

haha the media has been off the chain with illegal racing stuff. it's terrible propaganda, i've been eye'd just because my car looks sporty by so many cops today!!!!

Last edited:
not at all...this has been an issue w/ the mods/admins for a long time now...

we just finally came to aggreement on some things...the timing is just a coincidence lol
Oh god..I can't believe I am even going to open this can of worms but does this have anything to do with Nick Hogan (or Ebolla or whatever) getting arrested yesterday?

(poke)

Huffy? I think you're trying to find conflict where there is none.

You asked what reputation the site has, and I merely stated how these threads do lend to the reputation of Mazda owners and users of this site. It's myopic to think that everyone knows these threads are bulls*** because apparently enough people think it's cool enough to post about kills/street racing. In the same vain that McD's has to put a disclaimer on coffee lids that tell you your coffee is hot, the owners of the site have to look at the risks involved with having some moron on the board get in an accident and blame the board because they, even passively, condoned it by having a thread about it.

You can't give people too much credit...

I think it's perfectly reasonable for advertisers and owners to modify their cars. I don't think it's hypocritical for the site to advertise parts and show modded cars but not have a street racing/kill section. It's behaviour that puts you in the enthusiast or 2F2F crowd.

Hey man, Ive got to get out and race a Ferrari just so I can post it on Mazda24/7! Cuz thats the s*** yo!

Sorry, but that just isnt going to happen. To think that someone would sue this place is ridiculous. First of all IF it could have happened it would have happened to some club by now. With so many people against street racing (both privet and public groups) if they just once thought that they could go after an internet site like this it would have happened. All anyone would have to do is copy a few THOUSAND pages from here where everyone is flaming about how bad street racing is. There would never even be a court date.

As for the respect thing goes, I do like this site. Most of the people like me that have finally grew past the protgs (which by the way made this site and are now in the back room) or entry level cars still come here. But in no way do I feel better or worse about it. If it shut down today I wouldnt care. Id find another. If you are worried about what people will think of you because some one here talk BS then you need to step away form the computer and go out side. There is a real life out there lol.

For the most part this has been a good discussion and people from both sides have not gotten bent out of shape because someone made a direct comment to their post. I hope you dont become the first. I do respect your opinion, but I dont agree with it. That doesnt make me less a man then you or you then me. So please dont take it personally

Bryan

i'd have to imagine that liability was a small factor in the decision if it was a factor at all. the site i would hope is set up as a business (LLC?) so that if it is sued only its assets are at stake and not the assets of the owner (who is actually in Japan so probably cares less about getting sued) which really consists of what, a few servers and a software license? so they get sued the business declares bankruptcy and the site shuts down. yea it'd suck but not that big of a deal to go worrying about it

if we gave up that easy we would either part of england or france or who knows maybe even mexico.

Not canadian they are non viloent.

Yeah dude but this is his site and it aint like someone is trying to take it from him lol lol! All Im saying is **** it post your s*** if you want be a renagade and whatever happen happens.
Do I feel bad when people race then crash the die **** no! Its there own stupid ass fault. I just wanna know is this s*** inaffect or what??

Canadian?????........Do they even know how to shoot a gun I gotta live over there with there peaceful mf(stash)

Yeah dude but this is his site and it aint like someone is trying to take it from him lol lol! All Im saying is **** it post your s*** if you want be a renagade and whatever happen happens.
Do I feel bad when people race then crash the die **** no! Its there own stupid ass fault. I just wanna know is this s*** inaffect or what??

Canadian?????........Do they even know how to shoot a gun I gotta live over there with there peaceful mf(stash)

indeed it is, the threads have been closed already. (enguard)

I am going to miss posting on beating veyrons on top speed runs through Hialeah LMFAO!!!

Yeah it's his site.But now that is actually going to cause more street racing since we can't be online posting.We will have to be out on the street racing minivans and posting I mean Evos and posting.

hahaha chevy luminas..er ya i mean evo's too! (naughty) and its true..i will indeed spend more time on the street, and less time posting about my ms6's competitive edge!

.... i dont think that deleting a thread is going to stop people from street racing but how ever. i support the community's decision

What's so wrong with street racing if it's done on back roads where nobody but the drivers or a retarded drunk walking in the night could get killed? I know when I barrel down the road at 100+mph, I could die. Loose control and hit a tree. So what? I know the risks. Why ban steet racing posts all together? It's fun! Anybody with a fast or quick car has done it! Why the hell have a car like the ones around here if you're not going to toast a ricer or two?!?!

The problem isn't street racing, it's morons that don't know how to handle the cars. Stupid 18 year olds in daddys GT or EVO. If you know how to handle the car and do it on clear straights, there is NO PROBLEM!

What's so wrong with street racing if it's done on back roads where nobody but the drivers or a retarded drunk walking in the night could get killed? I know when I barrel down the road at 100+mph, I could die. Loose control and hit a tree. So what? I know the risks. Why ban steet racing posts all together? It's fun! Anybody with a fast or quick car has done it! Why the hell have a car like the ones around here if you're not going to toast a ricer or two?!?!

The problem isn't street racing, it's morons that don't know how to handle the cars. Stupid 18 year olds in daddys GT or EVO. If you know how to handle the car and do it on clear straights, there is NO PROBLEM!

Most cars around here aren't quick or fast. The ones that are were on the threads that have been banned.

Key word MOST. If you have quick or fast car and never push it whats the purpose of having it just buy diecast or play game consoles.

OK so you all think it was just him that made the decision? yeah right you know the admins all got in on this one. they rep the community so that makes it the community's decision.

it doesn't matter anyway, cuz i can still go get on my completely legal race track called 'I-15' and beat some vette, and come post about it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back