If you didn't have your P5 what would you have?

:
2002 Yellow P5
I think it might be time to retire the colonel. At least from my ranks.

The wagon really spoiled me and I need something similar with similar gas mileage and I don't have much money to spend. Probably $7 grand or so. We're trying to go no payment. I'd like to go no maintenance.

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking Vibe/Matrix. I want to go back to auto so the wife can drive it too. Can't seem to find a 5 in my area and the 3's haven't dropped to that price yet. The caliber's are so-so. No to PT and the HHR. The Malibu Maxx's are kinda cool but not many around either.

Thanks for the tip. How's the mileage on them? I'm seeing them for like $18k and none used!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. How's the mileage on them? I'm seeing them for like $18k and none used!

Yeah, that one is hard to find as used cause there aren't all they many new one on the road to begin with.
The mileage (21 city/ 28 highway/ 24 combined mpg) is just average due to the AWD system.

Last edited:
If I were to get a daily driver I would probably stick with a Mazda. The next car I get will be an 03-04 Mach 1 Mustang, but if I had 7k I would find a nice 3 or another P5.

I'd probably have bought an Impreza wagon if I had found one within the same price range of the P5. Might have to trade in the P5 to get one if I find one that I like locally.

if i didnt get my p5, i was going to get an element. i think they are the coolest car but couldnt find one at a good price, and when i did find a low one, it seemed to low that something had to be wrong with it. plus it was about 2 hours away and my civic wouldnt make it to that place in NY to check it out

7th Gen Civic Si or Acura RSX...both are hatches and can be found in your price range...have great gas mileage, reliable, and tons of aftermarket...

I'd love a TDI, but those are few and far between. The civic and rsx are too small. Hoping to have a growing family and I'm thinking 4 doors is key. Plus I do alot of outdoor activities and I toss alot of stuff in the back, from hunting stuff, to ice shanties, etc.

Not many 3's around here for that price under 100k miles. I'm kinda done with the P5. Granted I love the handling and the perky motor. I'm ready for something that's a little quieter.

Last edited:
well I did get something else.......its a long story. but here is what I got.

front quarter.jpg

rear quarter.jpg

side2.jpg

Back