Idle Problems!!!!

RAAZ227

Contributor
:
REX -n- EFFEKT
hey.. has anyone had any idle problems after installing the j-spec and mazdaspeed cams??? is there a fix??? please help!!!!

thanks

the service manual is saying the ideal idle is around 750-850 rpm. just checking to see if that is true with other cam owners. also is your idle lumpy?? let me know...

thanks

linux i mean the computer controls base ignition timing thru out the rpm band. including advance and retard
why would you need a timing light.
i am just curious no offense:D

perfworks said:
linux i mean the computer controls base ignition timing thru out the rpm band. including advance and retard
why would you need a timing light.
i am just curious no offense:D

For exactly why I stated above. You shine it in, and check to see if your timing belt is installed correctly. Even though the computer controls the "timing" the "timing belt" still has great control over the accuall "timing" (hence the name "Timing Belt"). It controls when the ingnition fires as well by using various sensors to monitor the position of the cam, and crank angle. So the timing belt has to be in correctly. I know you probably already know what I'm talking about, but I thought I would just break it down like this for anyone who may not understand.:D

I know...I know. Bringing back the dead. Still the car is idleing 750-800rpm. It is pretty rough idle. Any one...anyone. Just checking to see what other peoples idleing is like.

Might sound stupid but maybe you could try higher octane gaz.

My friend has a cam'ed and chip'ed volks. When he removed the chip to make copies, he had idleing problems and the car would backfire every now and then. When he put 'Super" instead of "regular", the problem went away.

Of course, it's just a suggestion, not an actual answer.

alec172 said:
Might sound stupid but maybe you could try higher octane gaz.

My friend has a cam'ed and chip'ed volks. When he removed the chip to make copies, he had idleing problems and the car would backfire every now and then. When he put 'Super" instead of "regular", the problem went away.

Of course, it's just a suggestion, not an actual answer.

Oh...I run 93 octane everytime I fill up. Thanks for the suggestion though. :D

Latest posts

Back