i8urgti's running log

i8urgti

i've already started a running log on 2 other forums just going to spread it here as well. i like to take pics as you all are going to be able to tell lol

purchased on 9/11/09 and only took a few days to start making it my own. i dont have the dates for what i've done so far but ill keep a list.

9/30/09
blacked out rear reflectors
blacked out side markers
dealer decal removed
mazdaspeed6 badge removed
oem intake silencer removed

SHOWROOM STOCK
106x2fp.jpg

34pgbqa.jpg

1zmyyj5.jpg

67tjbo.jpg

2cei42g.jpg

28c3dhj.jpg

BLACKED OUT
al6pl3.jpg

9r4z09.jpg

2uoqghy.jpg

DEBADGED AND REMOVED DEALER DECAL
2zftseg.jpg

10/12/09
HOME DEPOT LIP FTW
well i decided to do the infamous Home Depot Lip and i love it! all comments welcome
here it is inside my house just put on the 3M double sided tape, 2 rolls
hdlip001small.jpg

i then preped it with rubbing alcohol to get of all dirt, i didnt take a picture but these are jsut before putting it on
hdlip004small.jpg

hdlip006small.jpg

hdlip007small.jpg

and here it is on, hands down, quickest mod i've ever done to any car.
hdlip009small.jpg

hdlip010small.jpg

hdlip011small.jpg

didnt like how it didnt stick on the edges, just wouldnt grab right do i put in a screw and washer on each side. and if you do this i highly suggest stainless steel screws. little more money but wont rust
hdlip013small.jpg

hdlip014small.jpg

12/8/09
finally charged my camera and decided to take some pics after work, first is the intake and my sponsor decal i finally received
* i know some of the pics are blurry but i had no tripod and flash was off so i worked with what i had. all pics are unedited beside plates and size*
garagepics007.jpg

garagepics012.jpg

garagepics013.jpg

remaining pics taken at the garage, incase anyone is wondering, thats manhattan in the background
garagepics001.jpg

garagepics005.jpg

garagepics006.jpg

garagepics008.jpg

garagepics009.jpg

garagepics010.jpg

garagepics014.jpg

newest addition. today after work
garagepics011.jpg

just took a few more pics, i showed up an hour early for work
garagepicsday001.jpg

garagepicsday002.jpg

garagepicsday004.jpg

havent updated this since i just found my camera this week. so these are post dated 3 weeks ago
1/10/10
W-4 LED's intalled in
  • front interior dome
  • rear interior dome
  • courtesy lights on doors
  • rear license plate
  • driving lamps
yellow HID's in fog lights (not sure of brand or wattage but they were free from a friend)
CP-E 3inch cat-back single exit, resonated with no muffler

couldnt get any other pictures that do justice to the LED's
2610001.jpg

2610002.jpg

2610005.jpg

2610008.jpg

2610010.jpg

2610006.jpg

2610007.jpg

and just a shot of the city and the holland tunnel from the garage
2610011.jpg

3/7/10
Tinted the tails with VHT NightShade
Painted front and rear emblems
Cut rear emblem into Evil M
Reinstalled the HD lip, was ripped off by a driveway

blackfrontemblem.jpg

blackedoutrear.jpg

this is form a few weeks ago just couldn't take pictures and i will post again tomorrow with pics of test pipe with video

Last edited:
did you tint the amber side markers or did you buy the blacked out ones.. and same question for the reflectors.. if you did buy them how easy was the install for the reflectors??

CLEAN YOUR WHEELS! lol
haha i know i know! i hate it, these wheels are a PIA to clean i want some gunmetal rx8's... wanna sell yuors? lol

did you tint the amber side markers or did you buy the blacked out ones.. and same question for the reflectors.. if you did buy them how easy was the install for the reflectors??

i did them myself, its so easy to take them out. the rears you get under the car and its a push clip on the inner side and they come right out. side markers same thing but you just need to remove a few screws from the tire well and disconnect the bulb.

remember when you paint them wet sand them before, and super lightly wet sand between coats, and be light with the coats, i did about 4-5 on each

Film is what im doing.. 20% on the tails and 35% for headlights and fogs... mayb side markers too.

spray the side markers. and im not touching the headlights, tails i wouldnt go darker than 35%, i dont want anyone drilling the back bumper and gettin whiplash

Last edited:
yeah, my subie was plowed in similar to that back in the day... I half-ass shoveled out the front, put her in 2nd and dropped the clutch... bout a 40' rooster tail and 30 seconds later, I was on my way to class.

yeah, my subie was plowed in similar to that back in the day... I half-ass shoveled out the front, put her in 2nd and dropped the clutch... bout a 40' rooster tail and 30 seconds later, I was on my way to class.

haha sounds like a good time. this car really showed its awd confidence since it snowed

Back