I wrecked my 6

MorganK

:
2003 mazda 6s
Hit a slick spot, hit a ditch, flipped it, yea last weekend was awesome, $9,000 in damage, and a ticket for "failure to control"!! Only a couple more weeks driving the Odyssey, insurance is gonna be a b!

yea, im ok, the only thing that was hurt on me was my leg from falling onto my steering wheel, cuz i was hanging upside down, and when i unbuckled my seat belt i fell. I have pics, ill try to put them on later today. I miss my baby, hopefully i can get it back in a couple of weeks. The car is never gonna be the same, but hopefully it will be pretty damn close.

Dayum d00d what year was it? alot of forums have post like this since the snow melted next day and then became black ice later that night. I blew a stopsign leaving a mazda meet sunday and luckily nobody was on that street but us. ABS did absoulutely nothing.

you beat my damage record of $7,500..

sucks man. I know how you feel. I had to drive an xterra for a month.

seanmcsean said:
I had to drive an xterra for a month.

It coulda been worse. Xterras are decent SUVs. You could have been stuck in a Chevy Cavalier instead.

I totalled my buddies 2005 Nissan Titan, 3 weeks after he drove it off the lot. Worked out though... Since it was last years model, he paid way less than it was worth, and ended up with a 2006 Titan +5k cash. Hopefully you got some inflated collision repair estimates, and have some money left over for mods. Was almost worth the fractured ribs and chipped teeth. (boom07)

well, unfortunately were getting worse news now. It turns out that the damage is gonna be over 10 grand, so they may total it!! I have never heard that if it was a rollover it was a guaranteed totaled. Yes, i rolled it but at the same time, its honestly not that bad. I havent had the chance to put pics up but i promise i will do it this week! Its just been crazy, im so stressed with the costs, but it was good that i had full coverage. SO... What do you guys think, if its totaled should i buy another mazda 6, or get something new, $18,000 is as much as i can spend, i dont really want another car, i want my baby back!!But it would still be good to have some opinions!

I would love to have one of those but unfortunately they are a hell of a lot more expensive than 18 grand. So that is definitely out, they look really awesome though, the only thing is do they come in yellow? My car was yellow so im not exactly ready to give that up yet! Ahhh, i wish that my car was still here, but its at the dealership, theyre steam cleaning it right now cuz it snowed the day after my accident.

If you really liked the 6 get a used one ;) It's used but the value on a used one won't go down as much as the new one when you drive it off the lot.

This is a wonderful opportunity!

It's a chance to buy a car with cash! Buy a beater and save yourself from car payments!

I may sound like this spoiled little brat, but my rents paid cash for my 6, and i never had to make payments or anything. They just bought it as a surprise and stored it for a week at their company and then surprised me with it, so i have like a huge emotional attachment to that car. But if it is totaled, i think were gonna take the 18 grand and just buy another one thats the same exact thing that my car was. Do any of you think thats a good idea, or should i get something different? I really want another mazda 6, exactly the same as my car was.

If you really love the car as much as you say you do, then go ahead and buy another one, in the end all that matters is if you like it or not.

I keep thinkin that maybe it will be too painful to get another one exactly like it, like its not gonna fill that hole. Im so emotional lol!

Back