I thought I killed the Nubian...

yashooa

Full Metal Mazda
:
MSP, The BLACKNESS!
I had a scary moment with the Nubian last week...

I pulled up to a stopsign last Friday and noticed smoke coming from under the hood. So I think ok, this is just the oil line from the turbo dripping onto the down pipe as usual (a very small leak.) It has done this almost from the time it was new and I thought I had it stopped when I installed the ported manifold and upgraded turbo but alas I did not.
However, when I open the hood I see THE ENTIRE topside of the engine covered in MOBIL 1!
I was like, OH ****! I finally, after 120,000 miles and up to 20PSI of boost on a bigger turbo, have blown it. So I dial the phone and call a couple of car buds and start being analytical and stop being emotional. We go over the preceeding events and run down the possibilties.
We find the leak and it is basically spraying out from under the oil cap. I mean Old Faithfull buckets of oil. So I start thinking rings and then we discuss. No white smoke, no oil loss (other than the most recent under the cap episode), no funny sounds, no cels, runs great, pulls strong, gets great mileage.
Hmm...so what is it? Turns out to be a clogged PCV and a bad oil cap. I bought an el-cheapo PCV and oil cap (with gasket) and install them. VIOLA! no more leak.
Also the hose that goes from the valve cover to the intake was very loose. When I took the MazdaSpeed cover off I noticed that the blow by gases were coming out around the hose. It is WAY too big and doesn't seal for s***. I remedied that with some clamps. I also changed my stock plugs (after 120,000) miles.
So the Nubian lives!!! Next year going forged for sure.
Oh and at 17PSI with this upgraded turbo oil will spew from under a bad cap like a druken college girl who had a tuna and castor oil sandwich at a kegger.

Last edited:
yashooa said:
Oh and at 17PSI with this upgraded turbo oil will spew from under a bad cap like a druken college girl who had a tuna and castor oil sandwich at a kegger.

hahaha (puke)

When I think of your engine, I think my name is Kunta Kente, not toby.

You should fully realize by now that the Black Mica is the true MSP and its a warrior. Even an attempt by the MAN to divert oil vapors from following there righteous path will not stop it. Black Mica Power

DAWIV said:
You should fully realize by now that the Black Mica is the true MSP and its a warrior. Even an attempt by the MAN to divert oil vapors from following there righteous path will not stop it. Black Mica Power
By the POWA OF THE NUBIAN, UNITE!

kamon8404 said:
All I'm saying is I wish my car holds up as well as yours.

I have been very fourtunate with this car. I do need an axle but that's to be expected with this kind of mileage. And if (God forbid) the motor was bad how mad could I be? After all this thing has pulled hard for a long time under very elevated boost levels.
Remember, I have a J&S and an MPI tuner installed. I tuned it a bit on Sunday with Apoc. I really need my new clutch :( but a $3000.00 tax suprise bit me in the ass.

Good day and stay Nubian (lol2)

it keeps going and going. I think I had my pcv valve changed once but I never had a leak. I don't know what it does anyway. I guess that stock motor loves boost.

Latest posts

Back