I need a good body shop recommendation.

misbehave

Around the Seattle area.
My P5 was rear ended by a stupid Chevy pick-up truck this even when I was only my way to Vancouver. The truck was loaded up and with some huge wheels, so my whole back side was totally smashed. The whole back window disappeared. The only thing left intact is the wing. And my neck and my back hurt like hell, so does my wife.
Well, I need to get some rest now. Talk to you guys later.

My poor P5 at the scene.
DSCN4048.jpg

The jerk's truck.:mad:
DSCN4049.jpg

DSCN4056.jpg

DSCN4058.jpg

DSCN4059.jpg

DSCN4060.jpg

Woah! that sucks! Dammit man, you're makin me paranoid, that's the 4th WA protege boardmember accident this summer. well 5th, actually I think P5sundevil had 2 recently if I'm not mistaken.

BTW you might wanna check with crooz, his car had something very similar to that happen to it and it looked DAMN good up at the meet. Just make sure you get ALL of the little thingns checkedout, etc. things such as your brake master cylender, and calipers, etc (in rear-end collisions they're known to get stressed pretty hard) Ask crooz, he had a whole list of oddities to check for compiled.

I really hope you guys are alright, you said you're pretty sore, hopefully it's just a minor short term deal... Notsure how, but Let me know if there's something I can do...

man! that sucks, sorry to hear... but... hmm if his insurance pays for everything, i suggest:
jdm tail lights
rear jdm bumper
shave the emblems
maybe a new spoiler/exhaust?

good luck and sorry to hear/see

L8R said:
man! that sucks, sorry to hear... but... hmm if his insurance pays for everything, i suggest:
jdm tail lights
rear jdm bumper
shave the emblems
maybe a new spoiler/exhaust?

good luck and sorry to hear/see
LOL! Reply like this cheer me ups.
Actually I have been having hard time to sleep well since the accident.
Hope the impact didn't mess up anything in my brain, cause my career will be doomed if that is the case.

Anyway, I want to ask about this since you brought this up. I mean, can you actually ask the body shop to put on different body parts other than the OEM materials in case like this? I mean, won't the insurance company that cover the repair cost force you to repair the car back into the stock form exactly before the accident?
Also, how do you tell the body shop what parts to order or you just order the parts yourself and file the claim?

By the way, what does a rear jdm bumper look like?(jerkit)

Poseur said:
BTW you might wanna check with crooz, his car had something very similar to that happen to it and it looked DAMN good up at the meet. Just make sure you get ALL of the little thingns checkedout, etc. things such as your brake master cylender, and calipers, etc (in rear-end collisions they're known to get stressed pretty hard) Ask crooz, he had a whole list of oddities to check for compiled.

I really hope you guys are alright, you said you're pretty sore, hopefully it's just a minor short term deal... Notsure how, but Let me know if there's something I can do...
Thanks Paul! Yeah, I think I am going to ask Chris about where he repair his yellow P5 a while ago. If I remember right, his yellowP5 was hit by an Jeep SUV. Should be very simular to my case.

Poseur said:
Woah! that sucks! Dammit man, you're makin me paranoid, that's the 4th WA protege boardmember accident this summer. well 5th, actually I think P5sundevil had 2 recently if I'm not mistaken.
I know, my pics would scare you, especially when your P5 have the same color as mine.
A piece of advice: try to avoid driving ahead of any SUV or Pick-ups (with huge wheels) as much as possible. Those people that drive tend to not pay attention on what is in front of them on the road and they never be able to stop or slow down in time.(sad1)

you can see where those towing hooks came into use... was the guy not paying attention? a laser blue p5 doesn't exacaly blend into the scenery

Ouch man, that looks bad.... but at least you're ok, right? Hope your wife wasn't too scared from it. My GF got rear ended and didn't want to drive for a week.

As for the repairs, yeah, unfortunately, the repair shops are required by law to put your car back into pre-accident condition, because if they use aftermarket (yes, including JDM) parts, they can be liable if the car falls apart later from accident or otherwise.

But, best of luck with it.

pr5owner said:
you can see where those towing hooks came into use... was the guy not paying attention? a laser blue p5 doesn't exacaly blend into the scenery
Well, you have to be very very drifted away or maybe falling asleep on the wheel to not see my car in front of you. Take a look at my back window before the accident and you will understand what I mean by that.
DSCN3859.jpg

My P5 is the one with the huge ass YOKOHAMA banner on top of the back window next to CROOZ yellow P5.

DayOh257 said:
Ouch man, that looks bad.... but at least you're ok, right? Hope your wife wasn't too scared from it. My GF got rear ended and didn't want to drive for a week.

As for the repairs, yeah, unfortunately, the repair shops are required by law to put your car back into pre-accident condition, because if they use aftermarket (yes, including JDM) parts, they can be liable if the car falls apart later from accident or otherwise.

But, best of luck with it.
Thanks for explaining!! That's what I thought too.
Well, having my P5 back into the 100% original form (if really possible) will already be very good enough for me. Cause that's the way how I fall in love with it in the first place anyway. I love my P5.

yah sorry to hear that man, i have been clipped twice in the last month and havent had time to fix either one but they are just paint deep, or so I hope, doesnt look like it damage the actually bumper, thank god both times were glancing angle hits.

Im think JDM rear bumper or BC2 is what im gonna go with even though mine doesnt have actuall damage, i figure if I have to repaint the whole thing might as well upgrade =)

My problem is I wanted to go to the show ont he 18th of this month and wont have the repairs done by then and am not sure about showing with damage =/ especially since it would be my first one.

Hopefully everything comes out good on yours, hoping not too much structural damage to the rear bumper supports and beams and it will be a quick process, otherwise they will either replace everything or stretch and bent parts back into shape.

p5sundevil said:
yah sorry to hear that man, i have been clipped twice in the last month and havent had time to fix either one but they are just paint deep, or so I hope, doesnt look like it damage the actually bumper, thank god both times were glancing angle hits.

Im think JDM rear bumper or BC2 is what im gonna go with even though mine doesnt have actuall damage, i figure if I have to repaint the whole thing might as well upgrade =)

My problem is I wanted to go to the show ont he 18th of this month and wont have the repairs done by then and am not sure about showing with damage =/ especially since it would be my first one.

Hopefully everything comes out good on yours, hoping not too much structural damage to the rear bumper supports and beams and it will be a quick process, otherwise they will either replace everything or stretch and bent parts back into shape.
Thanks man!
Hope yours get the repair done before the show.

I will have to wait until Monday to drop my car to the body shop.
The whole trunk bed is bent upward pretty bad, I am not sure if any structural damage being done there, especially to the rear axle and all the things back there. I feel so sad every time when I think of my P5 now.....:mad:

misbehave said:
I will have to wait until Monday to drop my car to the body shop.
The whole trunk bed is bent upward pretty bad, I am not sure if any structural damage being done there, especially to the rear axle and all the things back there. I feel so sad every time when I think of my P5 now.....:mad:
Well, guess you're lucky, since there's no axle back there! (cool) But seriously, from your pics, it looks like he hit you pretty square, which means you're actually better off. He he got you off center, you'd be screwed with the damage to the unibody. Looks like it's repairable. Let us know what you find out.

I'd explore your options fully, I know alot of ppl who've gotten different parts with insurance claims. You may have to sign a waiver,form the body shop or something, but definately ask, Hell Rob just got his car back, what they did to his car was FAR from stock replacement pieces. YOU might have to order parts yourself, etc but get as high and complete of a quote as possible from as many places as possible, (like I said, check with crooz, I've got his cel# if you need it) From there, you can do whatever you want with the check you wind up getting form the insurance company, it's YOUR money. so you can do whatever you please with it. Check with corksport actually for JDM tails and such, hell even if you want stock stuff, you could prolly save a good bit of money buying stuff form ppl who've taken it off of their car on the forums here. The check is yours, what you choose to do with it is your business. Ask aroundat as many bodyshops as possible even if the by-the-book method is back to stock, most honestly don't give a rip, and alot of autobody guys get off on doing cool custom stuff anyway.

I say if you've got any ideas of things to do with your car, figure out what you want fast. Hell if nothing else you could campaign for a full new paintjob (possibly thicker, but please please keep thet beautiful blue)

Poseur said:
I'd explore your options fully, I know alot of ppl who've gotten different parts with insurance claims. You may have to sign a waiver,form the body shop or something, but definately ask, Hell Rob just got his car back, what they did to his car was FAR from stock replacement pieces. YOU might have to order parts yourself, etc but get as high and complete of a quote as possible from as many places as possible, (like I said, check with crooz, I've got his cel# if you need it) From there, you can do whatever you want with the check you wind up getting form the insurance company, it's YOUR money. so you can do whatever you please with it. Check with corksport actually for JDM tails and such, hell even if you want stock stuff, you could prolly save a good bit of money buying stuff form ppl who've taken it off of their car on the forums here. The check is yours, what you choose to do with it is your business. Ask aroundat as many bodyshops as possible even if the by-the-book method is back to stock, most honestly don't give a rip, and alot of autobody guys get off on doing cool custom stuff anyway.

I say if you've got any ideas of things to do with your car, figure out what you want fast. Hell if nothing else you could campaign for a full new paintjob (possibly thicker, but please please keep thet beautiful blue)

I agree. i always heard that you have to order the aftermarkey pieces and bring them to the body shop. If it is covered by insurance (which I am assuming it is) I imagine they will pay for it (I think aftermarket pieces are less expensive than stock pieces). even if they aren't, you may have to just pay the difference. You should definitely explore your options.

Hope you are still feeling okay. That looked like a pretty bad accident.

Back