I got it

darekd

:
2014 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Sky Blue
This morning I became a proud owner of 2014 GT AWD + tech package Sky Blue. After I left the dealer, I went on 200 miles trip which consisted of 30% interstate, 30% main roads, 20% windy Appalachian roads and 10% city. I enjoyed every mile. I reset AVG mpg before I left the dealer and when I came home it showed 30 mpg. Not bad. I know that calculated mileage might be lower. One thing that worries me a little bit, which might be normal, is burnt smell (like burnt oil) from engine when I stop and exit the car. I hope it will go away after 1000-2000 miles.

Few pictures from my trip:

2013-02-09 14.jpg2013-02-09 15.jpg2013-02-09 16.jpg

^Congrats on the purchase.

I've test driven four different CX-5s and every single one of them had that burnt oil smell when we stopped-- especially after highway driving.

I'm thinking it's a coating or protectant of some sort burning off. Wouldn't worry.

Very nice, glad to hear you managed 30MPG in that kind of driving and great pictures!

Congrats! Can't go wrong with a loaded CX and sky blue.

The smell should go away after some miles.

I've seen many people complained on 19'' wheels. Driving on different types of road, I can say that the car drives very well. I traded Acura MDX, which had much taller side walls, and the ride is smoother on CX-5.

In every picture that I've seen, Outside Temp, Odometer (A,B) are on the info display. In my car, they are under speedometer. Is this 2014 or GT thing?

Congrats on new CX-5, super pics. I don't remember any burnt oil smell.

Just picked up my 2014 CX-5 AWD GT on Saturday and noticed the burning smell as well. Seems to be pretty common for the model and will go away with continued use. Congrats, I am having a blast with mine!

I really love soul red and your blue, wife dug silver, guess what we have? Congrats on your new ride.

Every new car I have owned and every new car I have ever been around has had a "burning" smell, when operated in the first 500 miles or so. My CX-5 was no exception.

Welcome, BTW.

Every new car I have owned and every new car I have ever been around has had a "burning" smell, when operated in the first 500 miles or so. My CX-5 was no exception.

Welcome, BTW.
In my case it took a little bit more, about 2000 miles, but the smell its gone.

Back