? I dont know

Ok so my left front wheel has slowly gained more and more negative camber over the last year, My ABS does not work anymore, Iv been told 2 different things.....It could either be a tie-rod or a steering knuckle, or even a bent strut.... I think it may have more to do with the knuckle because the steering is kinda wonky and the wind blows me all over the place. Any suggestions? also what is the difference between a tie-rod and a steering knuckle? Ill try to get pics up or something if that might help....thanks again!!

your talking about your protege and not you 320i right? I can get you in the right direction. how many miles, did you hit anything, is the abs light on?

yeah im talkin about the protege, almost 100k miles, yeah the ABS light is on, what ya thinking it could be? any of the things I had mentioned? oh and yeah I rubbed a rail(had to avoid and outta control car in the winter) and put a lil dent in the fender but didnt get to the wheel, plus this negative camber thing had started before the accident.

Last edited:
This thread title is awesome...

Camber is non adjustable on these cars. Something dun broke. How do you know it's gaining camber???

I'd be willing to bet the strut is bent. Could be the ball joint too. Take it to a REAL mechanic that knows what they are doing/looking for. This problem is a safety hazard so get it checked out.

Back