How To?

:
03.5 MSProtege
(help)Changing the idle air control valve... The 4 screws holding it on? How you get those out? Those sons a bitchs are torqued in there!!!!!! Tried just bout everything almost stripped them out but quit just before i did... any ideas?(flame)

spray it with some PB blaster or other like penetrant and let it sit a bit then try again is about all i can tell you, they shouldnt be that tight, prolly just age and road gunk holding it allso tightly.

I sprayed it w wd 40 but... The only thing i can think of is just torqued down cause there ain't no rust or gunk on them.. I don't know

Have you tried tapping it like if it was an impact screw driver. Not too hard to break just hard enough to get it loose.

The Idle is Factory set, Even if you change it it will adjust itself to where it is now.

The cause of the problem is not the screw.

Well, Because it's Aluminum it might be a b****.

If I remember, the Throttle Body is held on with bolts on 4 studs.

Have you tried an electric impact gun?

Yeah i'm just replacing it. not trying to mod it. it's a stock oem iac valve i got from the dealership. Mine is bad. What i'm prolly gonna do is take the throttle body off and just grind the screws down, take it off, then take vise grips to the remaining studs and just buy new screws. But before i do that i'll try the impact. no i havn't tried vise grips cause i was trying to avoid takin the whole assembly off... but thats gonna end up being waht has to be done though.

If you remove the whole thing,

1. Soak Down the EGR Tube the night before..
2. Buy new gaskets for the intake manifold (4 on Head, 1 on TB)
3. You might as well remove the flaps and screws.

Got it on today i guess the heat made the bolts swell causing them hard to get out... but i got it today when i got home and the car wasn't run all day.

Back