How to turn off repeated "winter storm warning" notices?

:
2020 CX5 Signature
I live in the Mid-Atlantic and we will be getting more than a foot of snow starting tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. Today while driving I get a notice on my infotainment screen about the weather service's Winter Storm Warning for my area. I click cancel. The warning immediately returns for a geographic area somewhat nearby. Click Cancel. The warning again immediately returns for yet another geographic area. Cancel.

And of course, every 10 minutes this routine repeats. Again and again. Doesn't make a difference if I'm listening to FM radio or Satellite radio.

I'm guessing this is a Sirius thing as the second and third geographic areas are no where near me. I'm still in the Sirus trial period where all channels are available to me; perhaps there is a weather channel.

Please offer advice as to how I can turn off the repeated warnings!

Last edited:
There is an option in the XM travelink section to turn OFF weather notices.

Terrible implementation, I’ve had to turn mine off due to the annoying way they are presented.

Upvote 0
You think it's bad in the winter, try summer where just about every afternoon brings the chance of heavy thunderstorms. I used to get warnings for areas 100's of miles away and not just one warning, they seemed to go on and on until I turned the damn thing off.

Upvote 0
As much as I find them annoying, I leave mine on. I live in the mountains and have to travel through desert areas at times and high winds and flash flooding can be dangerous events. Or result in sandblasting of my paint and windshield.
The only issue I have is that I get them for 3 counties, my own which is relevant and for two others that are quite a distance away.
It seems though that when I do get them, it is right after start up and the system fully boots, I tap the command knob to clear the screen after reading the alert, and I may get it again in a few minutes but that is it.

Upvote 0
Back