How to tell the difference between M5 trims

dishe

:
'07 Mazda 5 & '05 Mazda 3i
Why are the messages on this thread appearing in reverse order (or is that just me)?

Last edited:
Hi-
I just recently purchased a used 2007 Mazda5.
How can I tell which version (sport, touring, grand touring, etc) this is?

It has automatic transmission, foglights, aloy wheels, sunroof, 6 cd changer, and the little center console thingy that pops out of the passenger middle row, if that helps determine anything.

For your year, in US market, the sports do not have a rear spoiler, and they do not have auto climate control, they do not have painted mirrors, they do not have 2nd row console, they do not have fog lights, there are some more I am forgetting...(shrug)

Grand Touring options were leather, heated seats, heated mirrors, xenon headlights, again, there are some others that I can't recall off the top of my head.

Last edited:
so touring is fogs and moonroof?

Not necessarily! (bike)The moonroof was available on the SPORT as an option, and the Fogs are available as an accessory.

(detect)For me, the quickest way to determine if it is Sport vs. Touring, is looking at the mirrors, if mirrors are painted, then I look at the HVAC controls. The Sports have "Oven Knob" handles on the HVAC controls, whereas the Tourings have an Auto Climate control system that has large "Volume knob" style handles with the center of the knobs containing more buttons.

it's easy to tell the difference:

GS= no spoiler at the top of the rear hatch

GT= spoiler and moonroof!

(whistle)
Well, I hate to say it, but in the U.S. the spoiler and moonroof were also available as an option for the Sport as well.

If you're wondering what trim your own car is, I think you can just call Mazda Customer Service with the VIN to ask them.

As for visually checking for the trim of any Mazda5, I generally go with the Moonroof and the fog lights which are standard on the Touring and GT, but not on the Sport.

Also the Touring and GT has LED tailights where as the Sport does not (this is in the 08-10 models, I'm not sure about the '07). I think only the GT has leather seats (again, same issue with the years). This is the info in the brochures.

I find the easiest way to tell between a GS and a GT in Canada is to look at the tires. 16" for the GS, 17" for the GT. Besides the fogs and moonroof already mentioned the other obvious difference is the exhaust tip. If there's a chrome lip on the muffler, chances are it's a GS/sport. If there's no tip then it's probably a Touring/GT.

He is NY so I assume US model. Sport is easy to identify;

Plastic or leather steering wheel? If plastic you definately have a sport model. Leather would be on Touring or above.

Auto climate control? Touring or above. Manual temp controls, sport model.

If you have heated leather seats and HID lights with a manual level control then you are in a Grand Touring.

This might help also;
http://www.mazdausamedia.com/files/2007%20MAZDA5%20Spec.pdf

Back